By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

2013? That must mean that it could be nearly finished and we could see it this year, with the announcement at E3.

Maybe this title will be the Holiday seller for December?

Around the Network

Hopefully we'll get to see it at E3

In any case whatever it is, its release is goibg to be a long long wait.

EpicLight said:
2013? That must mean that it could be nearly finished and we could see it this year, with the announcement at E3.

The real development probably didn't start until about a year ago after Tropical Freeze released. I can't imagine they were devoting much resources to it when they had TF in development. Probably will be a 2016 game, since if it's a really big game 2 years of real development will be likely. . Would be nice if it were a Holiday title though, but I doubt it. Unless it is Diddy Kong Racing, though I doubt that even more.

archer9234 said:
kinisking said:
bunchanumbers said:

You can look at MS E3 last year if you want proof. Almost the entire conference was leaked beforehand and because of that, most fans were not all that excited for it. Even though it was a quality E3 conference.

totally agree

That's not what I'm aruging about though. The teasing is what's BS. Keep your stuff hidden, till E3 stuff. I don't want to be told: Hey, WE HAVE SOMETHING UP. BUT NOT TELLING YOU NOW, HAHA.

But that isn't Retro's fault. They are quietly working on it. Its the leaker that is giving out this info. If anything you should be angry at the leaker for not having all the info instead of hinting at something.

Jumpin said:
Honestly, Metroid Prime is fairly boring.

Samus moves like a garbage truck and nothing is particularly very interesting. This is even with the improved Wii U controls over the crappy gamecube ones.

It might be the most overrated game Nintendo has ever published.

If Nintendo wants to make another Metroid, it should be true to the franchise, and not another Hexen clone.

I think your brain might be broken :p

p.s. Hexen was awesome!

Around the Network
EpicLight said:

That would be nice, but given how long games take to make these days, I doubt it will hit shelves before 2016.

archer9234 said:
kinisking said:
bunchanumbers said:

You can look at MS E3 last year if you want proof. Almost the entire conference was leaked beforehand and because of that, most fans were not all that excited for it. Even though it was a quality E3 conference.

totally agree

That's not what I'm aruging about though. The teasing is what's BS. Keep your stuff hidden, till E3 stuff. I don't want to be told: Hey, WE HAVE SOMETHING UP. BUT NOT TELLING YOU NOW, HAHA.

I agree with you too xD, i was just agreeing that i wasnt excited for it because of leaks.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

EpicLight said:

Looking at Retro's track record, they release a new game roughly every 3 years, so they'll either reveal it this year or the next (I'd say this year, they really need some hitters), but it'll probably be released next year...

kinisking said:
archer9234 said:
kinisking said:
bunchanumbers said:

totally agree

I agree with you too xD, i was just agreeing that i wasnt excited for it because of leaks.

My bad. I was meant to qoute the other post lol.