By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Fire Emblem If" has 2 Versions Coming in Japan! "Black Kingdom" + "White Kingdom" *.*

Hiku said:
sundin13 said:
Hiku said:

We at least know that the second episode is described as "joining the other faction of the war". I think that's a good indication of what we can expect.
You want to be unrealistically hopefull that it's going to be a lot more worth it? Maybe, but I very much doubt it now. Take a look at the DLC episodes inside Fire Emblem: Awakening and their prices, and tell me if you still feel the same? If anything, it was a bad omen.
I'd rather voice my concerns now, rather than after it's too late.

That could mean a lot of things and it is far from a good indication of anything.

Also, I have looked over the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC, and while I find it to be overpriced, I think it is far from egregious. The stand alone game offers a wealth of content and most of the DLC was essentially scenarios based around cheating your way through the game, or being able to use characters out of universe for fanservice reasons.

I think you are the one who is being unreasonably pessimistic. Pricing in Japan tends to be extremely variable, with it not being uncommon for games to have base prices over 8000 yen. This pricing scheme for all is far from outlandish and it sounds like an absolutely massive amount of content. It really isn't anything worth freaking out about for those in Japan and it is even less worth freaking out about for those outside of Japan.

If it's another faction of the war, then it pretty much definitely means at least one thing. That it will be a crucial part of the same storyline, from a different viewpoint. And I have yet to this day not seen that handled in any game in a way that for me would warrant this practice.

Actually, they could play it out as (when the choice needs to be made to choose a side) your lone decision could even change what crucial parts of the storyline end up like.  The entire story could carry on differently, and may not just be a mirror of what happened.  So it doesn't have to mean that, per se. 

Around the Network

Bring back multiple objectives and Light Magic and I'd consider getting this.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Hiku said:
MDMAlliance said:
Hiku said:

If it's another faction of the war, then it pretty much definitely means at least one thing. That it will be a crucial part of the same storyline, from a different viewpoint. And I have yet to this day not seen that handled in any game in a way that for me would warrant this practice.

Actually, they could play it out as (when the choice needs to be made to choose a side) your lone decision could even change what crucial parts of the storyline end up like.  The entire story could carry on differently, and may not just be a mirror of what happened.  So it doesn't have to mean that, per se. 

I'm not expecting it to be a mirror of the previous events. Not for the most part at least. Part of the reason why I said it doesn't sound like Pokemon X vs Y.
But it should still be within the same storyline, and it would be quite odd to play as both sides unless you recognise many of the events from the other side.

I think it depends on how they want to tell the story as well.  They could make your actions more important to what happens later.  Like if you join one side and the side you join decides to launch an esionage, but if you join the other team no espionage happens at all for either side.

Information here... http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/01/fire-emblem-official-site-snippets/#more-25442

Here are important quotes...

★Fire Emblem if Hoshido
A story focusing on protecting your Hoshidan birthplace and royal relatives from the Nohrian invasion. Outside the main story, you can earn experience and funds and freely develop your characters; perfect for those who enjoy freedom.

★Fire Emblem if Nohr
In this story, you work with the Nohrian royal family to battle the internal conflicts within Nohr itself. Compared to Hoshido, the difficulty is higher, with limited opportunities to earn experience and funds.

~Amusingly enough, the site emphasises that each of the two versions (Hoshido and Nohr) contains a similar amount of content as the previous game, Awakening. So you won’t be paying for half a game at all, if you buy just one of the versions.

~Yup, you can pay 2000 Yen with tax for a major DLC expansion, which follows a story where you don’t side with Hoshido or Nohr. This particular DLC will be made available at a later date.

Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

~Amusingly enough, the site emphasises that each of the two versions (Hoshido and Nohr) contains a similar amount of content as the previous game, Awakening. So you won’t be paying for half a game at all, if you buy just one of the versions.

That doesn't come as a surprise. After all, each game should obviously be able to hold up as a standalone game, since not everyone will buy all versions.
The question is how much of the content gets repeated or becomes familiar due to playing the other version first.

Nice info though. I do like the sound of there being a difficulty difference between them. It's a silver lining of hope for me.

That is what it all comes down too. 

Around the Network
Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

That doesn't come as a surprise. After all, each game should obviously be able to hold up as a standalone game, since not everyone will buy all versions.
The question is how much of the content gets repeated or becomes familiar due to playing the other version first.

Nice info though. I do like the sound of there being a difficulty difference between them. It's a silver lining of hope for me.

I'm personally hopeful after awakening. I say let the company do its magic. 

Hiku said:

It sounds like the beginning of the game will be the same. Probably more than just the tutorial. The main story of Awakening had 26 chapters, with a time skip signifying the split between the first "half" and the second "half" of the story, after chapter 11. I think If will have its split earlier than that, but who knows? Awakening also had an extra 23 optional chapters, so maybe a lot of the different content in the two versions of If will come in the form of optional chapters?

"-Enemy Units can now Pair Up against you"

omg I didn't see that before. omg yeeeessss. this is what I wanted.

Also, I read on Gaf that there is only one digital version of the game. In chapter 6 you choose a side, essentially permenantly locking yourself into either white or black version. The whole concept makes a bit more sense as a digital game, since buying physically means you're choosing a side before you even start.

They better combine it for the NA release then, as big as the Fire Emblem games are, I can't see the two stories being so different as to require you to buy two separate freaking games or a base game and additional DLC, aside from maybe from a audio stand point. Heck, I'd even take it as a New 3DS exclusive then have to pay twice for different sides of the same scenario that is a hyped feature.

This better be just a example of Japan getting screwed getting the firs version because for all the great will Awakening built up Nintendo could tank the franchise's momentum with such a lame move.

shikamaru317 said:
The North American direct suggested that we'd get both storylines in one game. So maybe the two separate versions are only in Japan?

hope this is just the case for Japan cause i really don't like it with Pokemon and i espically don't like it with this.