By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is This The Year Microsoft Throws In The Towel On Xbox?

"The X1 is doing fine, it has actually sold more than the 360 did at the same point"

Link?

If the Xbox is selling so good like a lot of people have mentioned. Why have they had multiple price-cuts, bundles, discounts, promotions on the system?

Around the Network
Playstation_prophet said:
"The X1 is doing fine, it has actually sold more than the 360 did at the same point"

Link?

If the Xbox is selling so good like a lot of people have mentioned. Why have they had multiple price-cuts, bundles, discounts, promotions on the system?

That doesn't mean it's selling badly it's more likely making way for a new X1 slim that is likely going to be bundled with Halo 5 which people are waiting  for, also  Sony are doing similar things like TLOU bundles with the PS4. Also you do know we are vgchartz, right?

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:

That doesn't mean it's selling badly it's more likely making way for a new X1 slim that is likely going to be bundled with Halo 5 which people are waiting  for, also  Sony are doing similar things like TLOU bundles with the PS4. Also you do know we are vgchartz, right?

You don't make drastic changes, huge price cuts, just start giving away free games with gold, ditch apps behind a paywall, multiple price cuts, bundle free games, and more because you are doing well.

darkenergy said:

It is doing badly...

All the MS actions to make it sell "better" shows that... they aren't happy with the sales and ivestidors wants actions... the question is what the cost to make Xbone sell more? They are giving A LOT already and the sales didn't get on fire.

Playstation_prophet said:

Link?

You want a link to how I know that when we are talking on a site called vgchartz that tracks sales information.....

Around the Network

I don't think investors are really going to take action I heard they are only like a 2 or 3 that of them that want to take action but still it's no reason to say that Microsoft will throw the towel like some people in this thread are saying.

darkenergy said:
I don't think investors are really going to take action I heard they are only like a 2 or 3 that of them that want to take action but still it's no reason to say that Microsoft will throw the towel like some people in this thread are saying.

Are you living in a cave?

Protendo said:
darkenergy said:

Um no I'm not.

darkenergy said:
Protendo said:

Um no I'm not.

Hate to break it to you, but most investors see the Xbox as dead weight.

Protendo said:
darkenergy said:

Um no I'm not.

Hate to break it to you, but most investors see the Xbox as dead weight.

Who and where do they say that? Give us a link if you please. Only one or two investors saying as much isn't really "most", so I'm not sure where you're getting that info from.