By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is This The Year Microsoft Throws In The Towel On Xbox?

RavenXtra said:
Protendo said:
darkenergy said:

Um no I'm not.

Hate to break it to you, but most investors see the Xbox as dead weight.

Who and where do they say that? Give us a link if you please. Only one or two investors saying as much isn't really "most", so I'm not sure where you're getting that info from.

Seriously google search it. You will find aritcles from multiple sources saying the same thing. Nearly all of them including me think resources would be better used elsewhere.

Opportunity cost is real.

Around the Network
Protendo said:
RavenXtra said:
Protendo said:

Hate to break it to you, but most investors see the Xbox as dead weight.

Who and where do they say that? Give us a link if you please. Only one or two investors saying as much isn't really "most", so I'm not sure where you're getting that info from.

Seriously google search it. Nearly all of them including me think resources would be better used elsewhere.

I'm not the one making the claim, I was just curious if you had actual sources

RavenXtra said:
Protendo said:

Seriously google search it. Nearly all of them including me think resources would be better used elsewhere.

A stockholder is an investor. He said only 2-3, but stockholders don't like it. Yahoo business articles don't like it, multiple big time investors are vocal, business weekly doesn't like it. I will not be bullied on this subject.

3sexty said:
eva01beserk said:
Puppyroach said:
Why should they give up if sales are showing growth YOY? It would have been like if they threw in the towel last gen when the Wii crusched all opposition. The most important part is that they are making a profit and with their new strategy of merging the PC and console space, they are rather expanding the XBox platform right now.

Growth YOY? It lookes that way cuz last year the x1 was the but of all jokes andd the sales of jan and feb 2014 ws not very good to beging with, it got totally demolished by the ps4. The x1 will most likely see a decrease in the coming months, starting with march npd. This holliday they will be up, but the rest of the year will be horrendus.

Not the same as last gen. First the wii did not take awway sales of the 360 or ps3, cuz people had it as a secondry console, this time the ps4 is definetly taking away sales from the x1. There where some diferences in the conoles last gen, this time they will share 95% of the games, but the x1 will play them at a lower resolution and the few exclusives we get this gen, the ps4 will have more(Better will be objective). might be a battle in the US, but rest of the world the battle is over and there is very litttle the x1 can grow.

Second, Looking at how the market share is 61% US(acording to vgc), By the end of the year it will be at least 70% US. We know the holliday sales will focus on the US and like last year the disparity will be even bigger. For the 360 it ended at 57% US. The ps4 will take at least half of the US market share the 360 had and that half will be like 75-80% of the total x1's. 

So 48.32 50% = 24.16m In the US.

24.16 75-80% = 30.2 -32.21m global

That is the max I think they will ever sell, taking into account that all those RROD did not go into the 360's total, wich we know is not true, so Im gessing the x1 will sell is 20-25m lt. Maybe good for nintendo, but MS will see this an an insult and will abandon hip before it gets to taht while bleeding money. They wil never compete with steam, but its less money bleading by competing with them then selling hardware at a loss competing with sony.

Started to read your ranting predictions but then I suddenly noticed your signature. You really are terrible at predicting aren't you. like 3 m out for just a 12 month period lol. Why shud anyone take you seriously about lifetime sales predilections for the xboxone? Man U look pretty bad in the credibility dept. :)

You have a point. But take into acount that it was before summer that i made that bet, and i acounted that the kinectless bundle will do nothing like it did, and that destinyvwould be week, like it was, but i could not see that desperate move of adding 2 free games, a year of gold, anothet free game in certain stores a 50 pricecut and another 20 in certain stores. Forgive me if i was unable to predict that would happen in its first year.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I would be pleased the day they left the console space, assuming Nintendo and Sony remained with the possibility of a new and better suited competitor. The one positive thing they've done for gaming is make online multiplayer popular. Beyond that they've bought every exclusive which still would of existed otherwise. They've charged out the ass for jneccessary peripherals, put things behind paywalls that never should of been and used cheap and shady tactics to one up the competition. To see such a wealthy, bad company fail against another on the verge of bankruptcy is ironic, hilarious and a shining example of the underdog coming out ftw.

Around the Network
Protendo said:
RavenXtra said:

A stockholder is an investor. He said only 2-3, but stockholders don't like it. Yahoo business articles don't like it, multiple big time investors are vocal, business weekly doesn't like it. I will not be bullied on this subject.

You are being bullied because he asked for a source?  What about you asking if another user lived in a cave?  We're you bullying him?  Seriously though, you google the subject and you get articles that focus on a couple activist investors.  Haven't seen anything that came close to saying most let alone a plurality of investors supporting dumping the Xbox brand. 

kitler53 said:
$99. that would do it.

It'd definitely get me to buy one.

aLkaLiNE said:
I would be pleased the day they left the console space, assuming Nintendo and Sony remained with the possibility of a new and better suited competitor. The one positive thing they've done for gaming is make online multiplayer popular. Beyond that they've bought every exclusive which still would of existed otherwise. They've charged out the ass for jneccessary peripherals, put things behind paywalls that never should of been and used cheap and shady tactics to one up the competition. To see such a wealthy, bad company fail against another on the verge of bankruptcy is ironic, hilarious and a shining example of the underdog coming out ftw.

You do realise that Sony put a paywall on PS4 as well? You do realise that saying that Sony is on the verge of bankrupt would mean that the PS4 will be gone too,right? PS4 sucess won't save Sony.

Proud to be a Californian.

aLkaLiNE said:

Sounds like just about every business ever. Sony certainly isn't an underdog in the gaming business though? . If that title were to belong to anyone, it'd probably be Nintendo since they're basically a small fish in a big pond at this point.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

OnlyForDisplay said:
I don't think they will. Sony and Nintendo have given Microsoft a golden opportunity to obtain a good cushion in the holiday season. In addition, with a great game like Ori and the Blind Forest to start things off, along with other titles like ScreamRide, Microsoft isn't ready to concede defeat yet.

Ori and the Blind Forest isn't an exclusive, though. http://store.steampowered.com/app/261570/