By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is This The Year Microsoft Throws In The Towel On Xbox?

darkenergy said:
aLkaLiNE said:
I would be pleased the day they left the console space, assuming Nintendo and Sony remained with the possibility of a new and better suited competitor. The one positive thing they've done for gaming is make online multiplayer popular. Beyond that they've bought every exclusive which still would of existed otherwise. They've charged out the ass for jneccessary peripherals, put things behind paywalls that never should of been and used cheap and shady tactics to one up the competition. To see such a wealthy, bad company fail against another on the verge of bankruptcy is ironic, hilarious and a shining example of the underdog coming out ftw.

You do realise that Sony put a paywall on PS4 as well? You do realise that saying that Sony is on the verge of bankrupt would mean that the PS4 will be gone too,right? PS4 sucess won't save Sony.

I do realize that. I also realize that its because of Microsoft's policies that this even happened. Here's to looking at free online on ps3. And ps4 actually has been a catalyst toward saving the company - it's obvious they've switched focus to become an entertainment titan. All the good PR certainly isn't hurting the other branches, I can say that much. The upward trending stock also coincides with the launch, just like the ps3s failure coincided with its drop.

@ the other quote, the company itself is an underdog taking on one of the wealthiest corporations in the world. The brand might have a history of success but they were on a massive decline last gen and that coupled with major financial woes put many at predicting total Xbox domination this gen. I don't think there's a single person that foresaw the current way things have played out. They banked so much on this and its paying off in dividends. Can you guys tell me what ms has done for gamers aside from nickel and diming? They've waved around their wallet for just about every aspect of the Xbox brand. There was no good will. I'm not implying Sony doesn't have bad people, but they've certainly gone to less extremes to try to win your favor.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
darkenergy said:

You do realise that Sony put a paywall on PS4 as well? You do realise that saying that Sony is on the verge of bankrupt would mean that the PS4 will be gone too,right? PS4 sucess won't save Sony.

I do realize that. I also realize that its because of Microsoft's policies that this even happened. Here's to looking at free online on ps3. And ps4 actually has been a catalyst toward saving the company - it's obvious they've switched focus to become an entertainment titan. All the good PR certainly isn't hurting the other branches, I can say that much. The upward trending stock also coincides with the launch, just like the ps3s failure coincided with its drop.

@ the other quote, the company itself is an underdog taking on one of the wealthiest corporations in the world. The brand might have a history of success but they were on a massive decline last gen and that coupled with major financial woes put many at predicting total Xbox domination this gen. I don't think there's a single person that foresaw the current way things have played out. They banked so much on this and its paying off in dividends. Can you guys tell me what ms has done for gamers aside from nickel and diming? They've waved around their wallet for just about every aspect of the Xbox brand. There was no good will. I'm not implying Sony doesn't have bad people, but they've certainly gone to less extremes to try to win your favor.

Well write, agree on everthing.

aLkaLiNE said:
darkenergy said:

Excellent summary!

aLkaLiNE said:
darkenergy said:

So true I loved all things gaming until MS came along. I actually hate that they practically made multiplayer mandatory in games to the point that they don't rate well w/o it and single player campaigns are often gipped now. More than anything, I love a deep, imersive single player experence!  

Xbox One is cheaper and still getting whooped. Dang it'll be a million behind in NA before the holidays

Around the Network

The X1 has still sold more than the 360 in its respective time frame. Yes PS4 is selling great, but to call the X1 a failure is rather foolish to say the least.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

SjOne said:
Xbox One is cheaper and still getting whooped. Dang it'll be a million behind in NA before the holidays

This right here is a common misconception surronding the X1. Everyone compares the sales to that of the ps4, which is selling amazingly well and deserves every sale it gets. However, this shouldnt take away from the fact that the x1 is still pulling decent numbers and IS selling more than the x360 during this current timeframe during its cycle.

Goodnightmoon said:
Protendo said:

Sarcasm fail....

English is not my first language, so I would suggest you to be a little more clear about what you want to say. If not, dont quote me.

Edit: Ok I think I get it now, sorry XD

if english isn't your first language then you probably weren't exposed to this iconic childrens book:

http://www.amazon.com/Goodnight-Moon-Margaret-Wise-Brown/dp/0694003611/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427808215&sr=8-1&keywords=goodnight+moon

i liked protendo's post, it was funny to me.

Protendo said:
dangerguy said:

I think you're getting a little carried away with those PS4 "AAA" titles. Fat Princess Adventures, Drawn to Death, Tearaway Unfolded, Kill Strain, hardly AAA titles.

What do you know about Kill Strain?

You can do a Google search and see plenty, plus there's an official website.

And I've read several posts in this thread that seem to imply Sony doesn't "money hat" exclusives. Give me a break. They money hat for exclusives just as much as MS.