By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is This The Year Microsoft Throws In The Towel On Xbox?

Yes. It's also the year that Sony and Nintendo throws in the towels, because reasons.

Around the Network

Xbox 1 just needs a game like bloodborne,.... something to sell the system.
The sooner one comes out the better.

JRPGfan said:

You think they are going to get one? MS are not much into making games, and what studio is actually going to give them exclusivity over sony? It will take a big check for that.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
JRPGfan said:

You think they are going to get one? MS are not much into making games, and what studio is actually going to give them exclusivity over sony? It will take a big check for that.

One where MS publishes the game...Ya know like what they have done for multiple third party exclusives.  It really does not require money on top of that. 

Sharpryno said:

One where MS publishes the game...Ya know like what they have done for multiple third party exclusives.  It really does not require money on top of that.

If I'm not wrong these "exclusives" deals were made before the gen started when everybody thought Xbone will sell like hot cakes... turned out that I don't expect more third-party exclusives to Xbone... maybe timed but it is that.

BTW only Sunset Overdrive is third-party exclusive to Xbone... I can't remember others game.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Sharpryno said:

If I'm not wrong these "exclusives" deals were made before the gen started when everybody thought Xbone will sell like hot cakes... turned out that I don't expect more third-party exclusives to Xbone... maybe timed but it is that.

BTW only Sunset Overdrive is third-party exclusive to Xbone... I can't remember others game.

The third party console exclusives.  MS has published a lot of them to ensure they are only on Windows and Xbox.  You think MS just writes a check so they don't put them on PS4? No. 

Sharpryno said:
JustBeingReal said:

Nope it's a measure of quality, a matter of who's actually making them (the developer's level of talent). Budget has very little to do with it, because budget doesn't always mean it's a great game.

It is a bit of both.  Someone like Media Molecule making an hour long game they don't expect to see well and they hardly promote is not AAA by defintion.

Media Molecule are a quality developer, they're AAA for sure, their games get marketed as well as any of Sony's other AAA internal studios. Tearaway wasn't a single hour long title, in fact it's well over that and Unfolded is a much bigger, new game made from the ground up for the PS4, if you think this retail exclusive isn't getting heavily marketed in the next few months you're laughing.

For reference according to this website Tearaway on Vita is in the top 10 sellers on Vita, moving around 570K units (that's retail, not digital BTW), considering the install base of Vita that's not bad. Tearaway has an 87 on Metacritic, with the PS4 game getting a lot more attention from Media Molecule, having more capable hardware to work on this could be PS4's next big gem after Bloodborne for Retail exclusives on the platform.

Tearaway on Vita took about 5 hours to complete, Unfolded's world is much bigger, with more density too, it will be a much longer game than the vita title.

JustBeingReal said:
Sharpryno said:
JustBeingReal said:

Nope it's a measure of quality, a matter of who's actually making them (the developer's level of talent). Budget has very little to do with it, because budget doesn't always mean it's a great game.

It is a bit of both.  Someone like Media Molecule making an hour long game they don't expect to see well and they hardly promote is not AAA by defintion.

Media Molecule are a quality developer, they're AAA for sure, their games get marketed as well as any of Sony's other AAA internal studios. Tearaway wasn't a single hour long title, in fact it's well over that and Unfolded is a much bigger, new game made from the ground up for the PS4, if you think this retail exclusive isn't getting heavily marketed in the next few months you're laughing.

For reference according to this website Tearaway on Vita is in the top 10 sellers on Vita, moving around 570K units (that's retail, not digital BTW), considering the install base of Vita that's not bad. Tearaway has an 87 on Metacritic, with the PS4 game getting a lot more attention from Media Molecule, having more capable hardware to work on this could be PS4's next big gem after Bloodborne for Retail exclusives on the platform.

Tearaway on Vita took about 5 hours to complete, Unfolded's world is much bigger, with more density too, it will be a much longer game than the vita title.

It is not ONLY the developer that makes the game a AAA title. Expectations, budget, advertising all factor in.  In general though, is what I am talking about.  You think because the developer is of high quality that the games they release are AAA.  That is false. 

Sharpryno said:
JustBeingReal said:
Sharpryno said:
JustBeingReal said:

It is not ONLY the developer that makes the game a AAA title. Expectations, budget, advertising all factor in.  In general though, is what I am talking about.  You think because the developer is of high quality that the games they release are AAA.  That is false. 

You insisting something doesn't make it true and FYI you should read my post, I didn't just say the developer, I said the quality of the developer, their level of talent, you referenced Tearaway, it's made by Media Molecule, it's a AAA budget game, it's retail on disc, which means it's going to be marketed at least as much as something like Bloodborne and it's financially backed by Sony.

AAA refers to many things, it can be used to refer to the quality of the title. I consider a talented development team a more important measure of whether a game is AAA than even budget, at the end of the day it's the quality of the game that matters most, because that will be a fun experience and provide gamers enjoyment.

Tearaway is AAA in every definition of the word, AAA is a measure of quality.

I wouldn't say they would but let's be proper smart intelligent people and bet their whole hand in the console space with only one game, set the bar really really high so the answer becomes obvious and we'll pretend to act surprised when our self fulfilled bet comes to pass.

In other words no, it;s not only going to be just up to Halo and no I can't see MS throwing in the towel.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"