By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Indiana Governer signs bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers.

thedawghousev2 said:
sundin13 said:
The_Yoda said:
Wonktonodi said:

When did you choose to be hetrerosexual?

want to know something that is a lifestyle choice? Religion.

After getting my hands on my first boob.

...you didn't know beforehand? Odd....and wait, how was that a choice? Were you like "hmmm, this is decently squishy. i suppose I will enjoy this now."

Anyways, on that line of thinking, have you personally been on the receiving end of anal to know that you don't like getting plowed by a man?

you ever see a dick on the internet and turn away because you don't want to see it, but when it's tits you stare?

My answer was more joking than anything guys.  But go ahead and pile on it's ok when your side does it right?

Around the Network
wilco said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The_Yoda said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sorry if I don't trust your "facts" what happens to a strictly homosexual species ... do they live past a single generation?

There are currently 1,500 known species that display homosexuality in nature. The great thing about science and education is that you can actually study and  confirm things instead of just blindly believing. 

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/1500-animal-species-practice-homosexuality.aspx

I have to say, I am a supporter of gay rights but I think the argument of whether or not homosexuality occurs in nature is irrelevant. I don't even buy into the idea that people are born with a "gay" gene. That seems like an oversimplification of human sexuality. I really don't see why it should matter. If two straight men decide they want to get married, that is their choice. As long as both parties are consenting adults, the argument of whether people are born that way or whether it is a choice shouldn't even matter.

What?

This is impossible as two straight men cannot feel attraction for each other,It would be a disaster on the sexual intercourse as from their nature won't be/feel stimulated and have an erection seeing each other...

Are you getting a b@n@r or being flustered seeing Adam Levine semi-nude?If yeah,you chose that?lol,hell no...

What you said is the true oversimplification...

wilco said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Almost 80% of the US are Christians.  Some (especially in certain positions) are on a mission to make separation of Church and State disappear and create a Christian dominated society in law and philosophy. If this happens our education &scientific system will fall victim to it. We will fall behind other first world countries even more than we have in education. 

You're right though, this law if the Supreme Court doesn't take it out will have the potential to affect other states.

From what I've seen most of the laws like this usually don't specify Christianity (they know they couldn't get away with that). So technically any religion would apply. Although I wouldn't be suprised if they start trying to find legal justifications and loop holes to make these laws only applicable to Christians.

Christianity's dominance over this nation is why people believe this is a Christian nation. Some believe separation of church and state is an abomination. Then again...some of those people haven't read history books. Even when I was a Christian I believed in separation of church and state to secure everyones rights. I started questioning things though and thats when it all went down hill (but I digress).

Wonktonodi said:
thedawghousev2 said:
Wonktonodi said:

When did you choose to be hetrerosexual?

want to know something that is a lifestyle choice? Religion.

dumb question

No, the question usually works well to get a person to think that some things they think are choices others make aren't actually a choice they made themselves.

For those that think they chose to be hetero, I actually hope to get a detailed answer and increase my understanding. Because I know I didn't choose what I am attracted to, the closest one could argue is when I chose to label myself as gay, since there is a lot of grey area between heterosexual and homosexual that most of us actually fit in.

i don't see why choosing which sex to be attracted can't be similar to people having different tastes in clothing, music, food, video games, or whatever

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Question folks. What happens when you put church and state in the same room to make decisions which affect people? Discrimination. Chick Fil-A must be jumping for joy and preparing to have more locations in Indiana.  YAY for religion alienating more people that it doesnt agree with. 

http://wgntv.com/2015/03/26/indiana-governor-signs-bill-allowing-businesses-to-reject-gay-customers/

Here in Utah we just passed a bill you CAN'T discriminate when applying for a Job or housing for the LGBT. Last year gay marriage became legal. Glad my state is making progress while some continue to live 50 years ago

Around the Network
tak13 said:
wilco said:

What?

This is impossible as two straight men cannot feel attraction for each other,It would be a disaster on the sexual intercourse as from their nature won't be/feel stimulated and have an erection seeing each other...

Are you getting a b@n@r or being flustered seeing Adam Levine semi-nude?If yeah,you chose that?lol,hell no...

What in the....

thedawghousev2 said:
Wonktonodi said:

No, the question usually works well to get a person to think that some things they think are choices others make aren't actually a choice they made themselves.

For those that think they chose to be hetero, I actually hope to get a detailed answer and increase my understanding. Because I know I didn't choose what I am attracted to, the closest one could argue is when I chose to label myself as gay, since there is a lot of grey area between heterosexual and homosexual that most of us actually fit in.

i don't see why choosing which sex to be attracted can't be similar to people having different tastes in clothing, music, food, video games, or whatever

What exactly are you trying to say because I don't understand your statement.

tak13 said:
wilco said:

I have to say, I am a supporter of gay rights but I think the argument of whether or not homosexuality occurs in nature is irrelevant. I don't even buy into the idea that people are born with a "gay" gene. That seems like an oversimplification of human sexuality. I really don't see why it should matter. If two straight men decide they want to get married, that is their choice. As long as both parties are consenting adults, the argument of whether people are born that way or whether it is a choice shouldn't even matter.

What?

Why are you concerned with their sex life? You could say the same thing about Anna Nicole Smith and the Octogenarian she decided to marry, but she was still legally allowed to marry him.

thedawghousev2 said:
Wonktonodi said:

I think the only sexual orientation that naturally gets to choose when sex they bed with are bi-sexuals. Those people have the pick of the litter man. As a straight guy it seems to me like they have all the choice in the world. I didn't choose to be heterosexual, I just am.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The_Yoda said:
Stage back to Dr King ... seems to me religion is a part of his life and a part of him. He helped to further civil rights but you don't want religion or its role in his life to have been a part of that because it hurts your argument that religion "always" holds society back, or people down. A man is the sum of his parts.

Social change was going to happen regardless of Martin Luther King. He just so happened to be in it in the right place at the right time. Religion helped him be a pacifist in a struggle for his human rights. Malcolm X was religious as well and was a muslim and wanted equality by any means necessary also not denying a militant approach if need be.

In the end despite where they came from they were going to social change as human beings and yes, the MAN is the sum of his parts. The religion helped him to be a pacifist. There were times when MLK wanted to be militant just like Malcolm X, but he didn't. 

As I said if you're a fan of Xmen, Magneto and Profession Xavier were created off of both of their ideologies and approach to social change. 

So did religion or it's influence play a positive role in Kings struggle?

As for the X-Men I have a few issues but it isn't a comic I'm well versed in.