By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anybody else think the New Nintendo 3DS....sucks?

EricFabian said:
d21lewis said:

These are my people.  They love me.... Right?

yes, we do <3

We sure do, now look over there for a minute while I hand out the pitchforks

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
I would add to the complaints that they royally fucked up the system transfer process. I got the system launch day and couldn't play it because I didn't have the right fucking SCREWDRIVER. You should not have to buy tools to play a new game system. When I finally had time to go out and buy the special screwdriver, I stripped the screws because either the screws are cheap or Nintendo told us the wrong size. It was a battle to put it back together. Then it made me connect to the internet in order to update before it would let me transfer, and I couldn't connect the new system to the internet, so I couldn't transfer. I couldn't play the system I paid for without a huge battle that took weeks and damaged my system in the process. I don't regret my purchase but damn did Nintendo fuck up a lot with how they handled this. People complain about the lack of a charger for new customers, but it's the fans upgrading that got burned the worst.

Too bad you had so much trouble, worst thing I ran into was bending the case after loosening the screws (I forgot to remove the stylus before trying to take it off) but Wal-Mart was kind enough to exchange it for me.  I'd bought it for The Boy and he said all his stuff transferred over just fine.

justiceiro said:
This machine clearily was not desingned with the owner of the original 3DS in mind.

Original 3DS owners were burned the worst, but new customers got burned too with the lack of charger. Not sure who they had in mind in designing it.

I agree, even the cheapest smartphones like the Lumia 435 have double the screen resolution as the 3DS. Not to mention the 3DS XL, i think it has the lowest ppi of any handheld device in the world by now. And it's a damn gaming system!

"The analog nipple is trash. I tried to play Ironfall, MGS3, and Resident Evil Revelaitons and using that thing to aim is an impossible task. Nowhere near as precise as the CPP. As a camera control, it's decent and most games aren't effected either way but I was so excited for this option. Total disappointment."

Pretty much why I didn't get one. If you have a CCP, the N3DS is literally a downgrade.

Around the Network

I still have yet to even get far into a single game on my old tiny one... I think I have like 20 minutes on Pokemon X, and a couple hours on Luigi's Mansion 2... Thanks for the info though. At least I know not to invest in the new one at all.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

thedawghousev2 said:
the-pi-guy said:
thedawghousev2 said:
you can't say shit like this on this site

Pretty sure he can.  

The rule is that you can't just say something sucks, you have to give reasons.  

Good: "The PS4 is bad because such and such reasons"

Bad: "The PS4 sux"

The second will probably get you warned, maybe banned if you've done a lot of stuff lately to rile people up.  

The first one should be okay, because there's reason, and thought behind it.  

do you know how many nintendo fans there are on this site? they'll kill the poor op

Do you know how many d21lewis fans are on this site?  He'll be fine ;)

Anyway, it was actually kind of a backhanded compliment. His first words are "I mean, it's a 3DS so it automatically doesn't suck..."

I personally don't have a problem with the nipple.

The reason being is I used to play FPSs on my laptop in highschool that had one so I learned how to use it lol.

The good thing about the CPP is that it ads more weight to the handheld, hence why I prefer it.

It's OK, but I think it's pretty overpriced. If they released it for $180ish and dropped the old XL to $150 I think it would be more than fair.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I think it's pretty damn sweet. I've been playing the heck out of mine... I do agree that the battery life could be better though, especially when you're grinding away at MH4. You don't want to be mid-hunt online and have to suddenly make a dash to an outlet.