By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anybody else think the New Nintendo 3DS....sucks?

This is kind of funny. OP reads a bit like, "It's not better enough so I'll keep using the old one."

I mean you say the battery sucks but the New XL battery lasts way longer than the original one.

Personally I think it's obvious that the New models are straight-up black magic. That new 3D effect is some freaky shit. They made the screens larger (on regular model) yet the battery lasts longer. The system is very slightly larger yet it weighs less. They put some kind of new processor in there or some shit and suddenly loading times are gone and you can play Xenoblade of all things looking almost as good as it looked on Wii. I don't know what kind of bizarre wiccan ritual Nintendo performed on this thing but I can't wait to see what kind of hellspawn the NX is.

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:

- All XL models have worse resolution sadly.

I'm pretty  sure the res is the same; 400x240 in 2D, 800x240 in 3D. It just looks lower cos of the larger screen.

curl-6 said:
Maraccuda said:

- All XL models have worse resolution sadly.

I'm pretty  sure the res is the same; 400x240 in 2D, 800x240 in 3D. It just looks lower cos of the larger screen.

Sorry, thats what I meant.

The larger screens make the resolution look lower.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

curl-6 said:

Yeah, the problem is the ppi, not the resolution.

The C-stick is weak, but everything else is great to me. Of course, i was upgrading from the Launch 3ds.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

This is kind of funny. OP reads a bit like, "It's not better enough so I'll keep using the old one."

I mean you say the battery sucks but the New XL battery lasts way longer than the original one.

Personally I think it's obvious that the New models are straight-up black magic. That new 3D effect is some freaky shit. They made the screens larger (on regular model) yet the battery lasts longer. The system is very slightly larger yet it weighs less. They put some kind of new processor in there or some shit and suddenly loading times are gone and you can play Xenoblade of all things looking almost as good as it looked on Wii. I don't know what kind of bizarre wiccan ritual Nintendo performed on this thing but I can't wait to see what kind of hellspawn the NX is.

I said it was better but I'll use my old 3DS for games that use the traditonal FPS/Right stick aim configuration.  There aren't many games like that so I'm good.  Played a lot of games with it--NSMB2, 3D Land, Art of Balance, Starfox 64, Majora's Mask, Street Fighter, etc just to test it out.  Battery is better but still sucks.  I'll be buying Xenoblade on day one, even though I have the Wii version.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.  Maybe I'll get used to it but I gave it several days before making this thread.  It's just an opinion, though.  Nothing set in stone.

d21lewis said:

I'll be buying Xenoblade on day one, even though I have the Wii version.

good man

I agree the c stick does suck pretty bad, although it's still decent for monster hunter thankfully. Also my new 3ds battery lasts way longer than my old one, at least two hours more per charge I'd say. Overall ill admit I'm just a little disappointed with it so far just because it is a very minor upgrade to the 3dsxl. However once Xenoblade 3d drops and they announce a couple more exclusives I'm sure I'll be loving it!

I have a New 3DS, upgraded from an original 3DS and feel it's a massive improvement, particularly the 3D effect and battery life.

The answer to the question is NO. Lock the thread and move on.