By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anybody else think the New Nintendo 3DS....sucks?

I have New Nintendo 3DS, it maybe bad, but i can't complain.

-Frame drop is gone.
-Removeable battery.

Around the Network

Personally 3DS overall has been the biggest letdown for me. I have both a 3DS and Vita and prefer the Vita. Vita is region free and gets more of the stuff I have interest in. I loved DS for the same reason but 3DS being region locked stops almost everything I want to play.

d21lewis said:
thedawghousev2 said:

do you know how many nintendo fans there are on this site? they'll kill the poor op

These are my people.  They love me.... Right?

Not anymore! Hang the nonbeliever! Burn him at the stake! Shoot him, or something!

'-'

But nah. I very much like my N3DS, but I am disappointed in the new stick, anyways, and how complicated it is to remove the SD card. The audio sounds better to me, the screens look MUCH better than my 3DSXL, and the 3D is far superior in both range and overall appearance and function. I didn't expect a difference in battery life anyways, nor resolution or graphics for the most part (same generation, same games, why expect anything major to change?). But developers are going to have more to work with, so I expect future games to start looking better, anyways. Also I own very few 3DS games that used the CPP, so I'm not bothered by the ZL/ZX and analog nub issues, really, anyways.

SW-5120-1900-6153

justiceiro said:
This machine clearily was not desingned with the owner of the original 3DS in mind.

this. absolutely true. only a handful of exclusives for the new 3ds though. but most would work on the previous version of the 3Ds. some might buy the new 3Ds even they have the old 3Ds. but they are not the main targeted audience.

Captain_Yuri said:

I think that considering how the XL is and how much you are paying for the n3ds compared to the original XL. Its fine for the price. You are getting a faster CPU, more Ram, better 3d, a C-stick (while not a perfect replacement for analog stick), IPS display vs TN on the original, more buttons and some games even look better in terms of shadows and stuff in the n3ds than the 3ds as well as longer battery and a few other things

(Stolen From the Dengle, look at the shadows)

Really?  I had no idea they switched to an IPS display.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
garretslarrity said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I think that considering how the XL is and how much you are paying for the n3ds compared to the original XL. Its fine for the price. You are getting a faster CPU, more Ram, better 3d, a C-stick (while not a perfect replacement for analog stick), IPS display vs TN on the original, more buttons and some games even look better in terms of shadows and stuff in the n3ds than the 3ds as well as longer battery and a few other things

Really?  I had no idea they switched to an IPS display.

Yea! Its quite interesting! But it seems that the IPS display is only on the XL versions (after doing some more updated research)

A = IPS
B = TN

You can see the clear advantage in viewing angle and a lot lower colorshift! The colors are also more vibrant and etc

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The reason why they didn't go all out is because it is just an upgrade from a current handheld console. Nothing more. If it was a new game system, then they would have gone for much more.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

d21lewis said:

- The analog nipple is trash.  I tried to play Ironfall, MGS3, and Resident Evil Revelaitons and using that thing to aim is an impossible task.  Nowhere near as precise as the CPP.  As a camera control, it's decent and most games aren't effected either way but I was so excited for this option.  Total disappointment.

Amen. I tried playing Ironfall and Revelations with it, and it was painfully awkward. The c-stick is a clusterfuck.

I agree to some extent.

- The control nub/nipple is bad, but does its job as control for the cameras.
- I havnt played a game where i need the ZL ZR buttons yet but agree they are poorly placed.
- Not really sure about the battery, I thought it was supposed to be longer? Although I have been charging mine nightly for Monster Hunter.
- All XL models have worse resolution sadly.
-The better CPU means better textures and loading but havnt directly compared it.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Captain_Yuri said:

THOSE BLOCKY SHADOWS!!!!

CANT

UNSEE!!!

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda