By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic Removing 0/10 spam from Bloodborne

They do this every big game.

It was a much bigger issue with Titanfall. They also delete 10/10's that appear to be trolling as well. Probably to combat astroturfing.

Around the Network

I kind of think of it like Rotten Tomatoes. It's an opinion, and if I am on the fence about a game I will wait and see what it says.

Case in point - thought Shadow of Mordor looked good, but wasn't sure. So much praise from MetaCritic and others convinced me to get it. Happy I did really enjoyed the game.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Hynad said:

Ka-pi96 said:
Hynad said:
V-r0cK said:

I had assume professional reviewers would've definitely played the game since they're getting paid to anyways, but it definitely wouldn't hurt if they also were required to input their PSN/XBL ID.  Being able to see their profile and tracking how many hours put into it would also be a great thing. (Then we'll see how long people actually took to finish The Order lol)

Oh yeah! And then their PSN or Live account gets spammed with hate crap or friend requests...

Simple solution, have a review only one and a separate personal one. Besides, some reviewers have actually revealed their account names and they've managed to deal with it.

Even better idea: Drop that silly idea and think of a better one. =P

Even better idea: How about you try coming up with a better one rather than putting others down lol xD

As Ka-pi96 said, some professional reviewers have revealed their account names because they have the balls to stand by what they wrote.  If anything, the thought of requiring to put your account name that could cause a lot of spam/hate msgs will make troll-reviewers think twice before writing a bashing review.  If they want to bash games and give 0/10 for hating a game/system for no reason then they better be prepared to get bombarded with hate msgs back.           

Criticism isn't spam. And they deleted valid negative reviews. I remember an outrage over supposed Bioware employees giving DA2 positive user reviews but censorship and suppressing people's voices like this doesn't even make the news.

V-r0cK said:
Hynad said:

Even better idea: Drop that silly idea and think of a better one. =P

Even better idea: How about you try coming up with a better one rather than putting others down lol xD

As Ka-pi96 said, some professional reviewers have revealed their account names because they have the balls to stand by what they wrote.  If anything, the thought of requiring to put your account name that could cause a lot of spam/hate msgs will make troll-reviewers think twice before writing a bashing review.  If they want to bash games and give 0/10 for hating a game/system for no reason then they better be prepared to get bombarded with hate msgs back.           

The better idea would be for people to stop crying over reviews that don't align with their views and experience as if their life depended on it.

People complain about lower scores all the time before they've even played the game themselves. They've made up their mind about what the quality of the game is before even having experienced it. And those are usually the people who go on a tantrum in the comment sections of those "less favourable" reviews. I can't take those people seriously. Ever. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
V-r0cK said:

The better idea would be for people to stop crying over reviews that don't align with their views and experience as if their life depended on it.

I think you have this all wrong, I dont think this is about people crying over reviews fake bashing reviews.  It's the matter of the troll reviewers are lowering the game's average score making it unfair that's all.  That's why Metacritic is trying to get rid of those 0/10 reviews and I just proposed an option to try and eliminate that.  People cry over even professional reviewers all the time, but at least their review is real (as in they played it and gave their own honest opinion about the game).

V-r0cK said:
Hynad said:

I think you have this all wrong, I dont think this is about people crying over reviews fake bashing reviews.  It's the matter of the troll reviewers are lowering the game's average score making it unfair that's all.  That's why Metacritic is trying to get rid of those 0/10 reviews and I just proposed an option to try and eliminate that.  People cry over even professional reviewers all the time, but at least their review is real (as in they played it and gave their own honest opinion about the game).

There aren't that many waysof getting rid of that kind of thing, other than to remove user reviews entirely.

The solution you gave, I thought you meant it for professional reviewers. For user reviews, it could work, but the risk of harassment are quite high. Which makes it a solution that I feel isn't optimal. An nothing prevents a user from having a PSN account and still troll a PS game.

Hynad said:
V-r0cK said:

There aren't that many waysof getting rid of that kind of thing, other than to remove user reviews entirely.

The solution you gave, I thought you meant it for professional reviewers. For user reviews, it could work, but the risk of harassment are quite high. Which makes it a solution that I feel isn't optimal. An nothing prevents a user from having a PSN account and still troll a PS game.

Of course there's always the risk of getting harassed, but gamers get harassed from other ways regardless.  Whether is through playing online or could even be here on VGChartz.  A number of users here put their gamer ID as their signature and if a poster disliked something that another poster wrote and that person also had their gamer ID as a sig, then that other poster could easily harass that user.  

I was harassed by gamers quite a bit I destroy them in online NHL hockey or Street Fighter etc..by getting messages from them since you can see who you're playing against.

I don't think many of us are actually afraid of getting harassed since we show our gamer ID all the time, it's the trolls that need to worry because we all know if they start something then they'll never hear the last of it, and they'll be smart not to show their gamer ID.  The only reason many users on metacritic troll is because they can get away without leaving a mark.

...i think i may be rambling on here sorry, but I hope you understand what im trying to say.  I understand what you mean with all the harassment stuff, but i'm not afraid as I don't think many are.

Sidenote: Does Sony and/or MS have a block feature? I never really checked, so incase a user does start to get spam they can block them. I doubt spammers would continually make multiple accounts just to spam someone they dislike.  It's quite the process just to make one account already lol

Captain_Yuri said:
Why do people even look at the userscores? Wtf?

Because they are right at the front of every game so people get corious

Metacritic could use the Median and trolling will be have so much less impact.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]