By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic Removing 0/10 spam from Bloodborne

Ka-pi96 said:
V-r0cK said:

I think users that want to post up their own review score must require to input their PSN/XBL ID so that people can look into their profile and see if they're actually bullshitting or not by seeing their trophies/gamerscores of said games. (ie. If i dont see one reviewer that has the "complete the game" trophy for Uncharted then I know his review is bogus) Granted, some games don't have a simple trophy that unlocks saying you completed the game but at least the game needs to be on their list showing that they've played it.

...not sure how it'll work for Wii U games though.

It would be better if professional reviewers did that. Especially with Steam and some Xbox One games even tracking how many hours were played now.

I had assume professional reviewers would've definitely played the game since they're getting paid to anyways, but it definitely wouldn't hurt if they also were required to input their PSN/XBL ID.  Being able to see their profile and tracking how many hours put into it would also be a great thing. (Then we'll see how long people actually took to finish The Order lol)

Around the Network

They've done before.

Platina said:
Dgc1808 said:

Only if the game deserves a 5/10.

Not necessarily... The average scores usually will pull up to at least 7/10 because of the other scores (unless it is Destiny)

Still the same problem :S Now it's just "Only if the game deserves a 7/10".

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Platina said:

Not necessarily... The average scores usually will pull up to at least 7/10 because of the other scores (unless it is Destiny)

Still the same problem :S Now it's just "Only if the game deserves a 7/10".

I guess... hence why I said 7+/10 .

I'm not saying that they shouldn't remove 0/10 scores, but am just pointing out that extremes tend to balance out, resulting in a good average (generally)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Good move!

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Ka-pi96 said:
V-r0cK said:

I think users that want to post up their own review score must require to input their PSN/XBL ID so that people can look into their profile and see if they're actually bullshitting or not by seeing their trophies/gamerscores of said games. (ie. If i dont see one reviewer that has the "complete the game" trophy for Uncharted then I know his review is bogus) Granted, some games don't have a simple trophy that unlocks saying you completed the game but at least the game needs to be on their list showing that they've played it.

...not sure how it'll work for Wii U games though.

It would be better if professional reviewers did that. Especially with Steam and some Xbox One games even tracking how many hours were played now.

I had assume professional reviewers would've definitely played the game since they're getting paid to anyways, but it definitely wouldn't hurt if they also were required to input their PSN/XBL ID.  Being able to see their profile and tracking how many hours put into it would also be a great thing. (Then we'll see how long people actually took to finish The Order lol)

Oh yeah! And then their PSN or Live account gets spammed with hate crap or friend requests...

Ka-pi96 said:
Turkish said:

Saw this before it got removed, seems mostly salty pc fanboys

That grammar and spelling! That's just an insult to the English language!

.... That's quite interesting to be honest. To think someone could not only spam the game in such a manner they are unaware of the game, but break many rules of proper grammar in the process.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Unfortunately there's still a slide for people to review without actually having to write down a review.

Lube Me Up

I sometimes read some user reviews on meta, its good that we can report some to prevent spam of nonsense. But users should not give a score, just positives, negatives and a small text about it.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Ka-pi96 said:
Hynad said:
V-r0cK said:

Oh yeah! And then their PSN or Live account gets spammed with hate crap or friend requests...

Simple solution, have a review only one and a separate personal one. Besides, some reviewers have actually revealed their account names and they've managed to deal with it.

Even better idea: Drop that silly idea and think of a better one. =P