By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is VGChartz biased?

You guys don't notice or appreciate when I lock anti-sony threads and ban nintendo fanboy trolls either though. :P

Around the Network

Legend11 said:
Andrew said:
I have an idea, An option to show which console you support, Can only be changed every 1st of a month, each console has their personal forum that can only be visited by a supporter. And this stupid failure rate thing is just stupid, Mine hasn't broken cause I keep it well ventialed, so far away from a wall or heat source, and I doubt it will ever break. So guys lay off it. And Blue-Ray is pretty cool

I think this idea is brilliant and is exactly what these forums need. That way people can talk in peace about their console of choice without the haters coming in and ruining things. In fact I'd go one step more and make the mods have to put their console of choice and they would be excluded from the other two forums like everyone else and it would help get rid of claims and feelings of bias.

Website Forum

Sales Forum

Nintendo Forum

Sony Forum

Microsoft Forum

Off Topic Forum

Really bad idea. Segregating everbody would remove the entire appeal of the site to me. I only enjoy this place because of all the discussion that goes on, if everyone was segregated it would end up being.

P1: 'Console name is the best'

P2: Yeah it kicks everyone elses butt

Without anybody to make an arguement back. You need two sides to have a debate. 

Legend11 said:
Andrew said:
I have an idea, An option to show which console you support, Can only be changed every 1st of a month, each console has their personal forum that can only be visited by a supporter. And this stupid failure rate thing is just stupid, Mine hasn't broken cause I keep it well ventialed, so far away from a wall or heat source, and I doubt it will ever break. So guys lay off it. And Blue-Ray is pretty cool

I think this idea is brilliant and is exactly what these forums need. That way people can talk in peace about their console of choice without the haters coming in and ruining things. In fact I'd go one step more and make the mods have to put their console of choice and they would be excluded from the other two forums like everyone else and it would help get rid of claims and feelings of bias.

Website Forum

Sales Forum

Nintendo Forum

Sony Forum

Microsoft Forum

Off Topic Forum

That would be so boring though...nobody would ever have any discussions...it'd just be constant patting on the backs of fellow fans...dull.

Believe it or not, it IS possible for people to have a reasonable discussion, even if they disagree.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Ill admit I am a N-Boy, but I try to stick to facts when I speak. My problem is when someone goes and makes a thread about Lair or Heavenly sword and says that they are the best games ever based on 2 minutes of gameplay footage that really only showed off the graphics, and that they are gonna outsell Halo and put it to shame... If someone wants to show me a thread where a Nintendo fanboy made some irrational argument about their game then show me. But I think that it's more that the Sony fanboys are making irrational arguments which even the administrators of the site recognize as bad. If you wanna say, "Lair looks like it has a lot of potential, it looks like they have the graphics nailed down. The few problems that have been noted so far look like they shouldn't be too hard to fix. Should they fix them this could be one of the strongest games in the Sony line-up." If a Sony person were to post something like that, instead of "It's official Lair is gonna PWN everything on the other consoles. When this comes out all you Wii boys are gonna wish you had PS3's. This is gonna make Halo look like shit." See the difference. If I was to talk about a Wii game like that I would get just the same treatment as you do.

Oh I my as well add this, obviously because admins are posting a thread like this they feel they have something to prove. So in reality Sony people are probably getting away with a lot more than a Nintendo person could get away with. They are probably looking for a good Nintendo lamb to sacrifice at this point.

BenKenobi88 said:

That would be so boring though...nobody would ever have any discussions...it'd just be constant patting on the backs of fellow fans...dull.

Believe it or not, it IS possible for people to have a reasonable discussion, even if they disagree.

Um this whole forum is nothing but constant patting on the back by wii fans, sony or xbox fans cant do it cause wii fans will flood the thread to diminish anything good about them.

How can a discussion be reasonable if the only thing that matters is waggle so no PS3 or 360 game can be good accoring to many posts on here since thers no wii mote.  Sure the PS3 game is better in every way even controls but they arent waggle so it must suck.

Just about every one here believes that a game cant have great gameplay unless it uses the wii mote.

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Um this whole forum is nothing but constant patting on the back by wii fans, sony or xbox fans cant do it cause wii fans will flood the thread to diminish anything good about them.

How can a discussion be reasonable if the only thing that matters is waggle so no PS3 or 360 game can be good accoring to many posts on here since thers no wii mote. Sure the PS3 game is better in every way even controls but they arent waggle so it must suck.

Just about every one here believes that a game cant have great gameplay unless it uses the wii mote.

Could you try any harder to generalize everyone on the site?  It's like you're constantly paranoid.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

How can a discussion be reasonable if the only thing that matters is waggle so no PS3 or 360 game can be good accoring to many posts on here since thers no wii mote. Sure the PS3 game is better in every way even controls but they arent waggle so it must suck.

No we say games dont have good gameplay amazingly because they dont have good gameplay (sometimes according to us, sometimes according to reviews).

Take lair for example, none of us have played it, a couple of links to reviewers who had played it were posted stating it had bad gameplay yet you magicallyu knew that it had brilliant gameplay dispite what the people who had actually played it said and without posting a link to a review which said that it had good gameplay.

Nobody here believes that the wiimote is required to have good gameplay - quote a single person saying that. All people have said is that the wiimote helps gameplay. Which it does in some games. Saying that ' Just about every one here believes that a game cant have great gameplay unless it uses the wii mote.' is like me saying 'Just about everyone here believes that the 360 couldnt play nethack' because a couple of people posted saying that the PS3 has better graphics than the 360, not only is it exagerating the comments - its exagerating the number of people saying them as well.