By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is VGChartz biased?

It's like politics, everyone will spin anything to fit their own view. Some can extrapolate their figures to better understand markets for their favorite systems, which helps the community. Like diomedes said, ioi was Wii Gamer, so it's obvious where his preferences lie. However, that shouldn't really be an issue. Im a 360 fan as a mod, and it doesn't change who I will or will not ban.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

@ Diomedes 1976

Personally I do believe ioi provides most accurate numbers possible. There must be a reason for this divergence but for sure it's not because of ioi's preference. Maybe a source he has acccess to isn't representative for all market. Anyway he provides us awesome stuff and we should support him. 

DON'T SEGREGATE THE FORUMS! If I wanted to post in a forum circle jerk about how good the Wii/PS3/Xbox360 is then I'd join a Wii/PS3/Xbox360 community. The reason why I decided to join these forums was to be involved in the discussions with everyone from all sides. That's what makes this forum unique, and the day you separate the forums is the day I leave this community. If you guys want to talk in a PS3 forum then go visit a PS3 forum. I think this being forced to live together makes us less extremely fanboyish than most forums, and it's great! please keep the forums together. As for bias of this site, of course there isn't any bias. It may seem that Sony fans have been banned more but that's ecause in general, Sony fans are the most attacking, always bring threads off topic, write things that are simply not true, etc. (In general, DavyGee (sp?) is for instance, a very good and civil Sony fan, although his avatar freaks me out ;) But in general, Sony fans tend to be less civil, and derail threads with stuff about how good Sony's future game lineup is even when that has nothing to do with the topic at hand (Crazzyman I'm looking at you)) Anyway, the only reason people may think there is a bias is because there are more nintendo fans on these forums. There are more nintendo fans on these forums because there are more nintendo fans in the world right now. Of course if people gravitate to a forum randomly then a higher proportion will be Nintendo fans, that's just because there are more people playing Nintendo products than any other right now.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

larry said:
ioi said:

Simple question - do you think the VG Chartz community is biased?

We often get accused of being a Nintendo-biased site, do you think that's fair? As people have said in these forums, reality is Nintendo biased at the moment - their consoles are selling the best so it's not suprising they are getting most attention, but are you a PS3 / 360 gamer who feels that you can't post here for one reason or another?

Let us know how you feel about this and what you think we could do to improve things if you feel there is a problem...

dont get me wrong but i think it is.

anyone who is pro-SONY gets banned .However posters who "put x360 as a hit in Japan" and "ps3 a flop/dead in europe"/less or as powerful as x360/ps3 is a trash............bla bla bla easily gets away with their posts.

why were HUS and WASHIMUL banned??

why arent posters like these eg dpmnymkrprez gets banned???

all his posts are either anti sony or very pro x360.

MODS:- dont be annoyed but this forum is mostly about SONY bashing.

there is so much wrong with this post it's not funny.

I've never seen anyone say "x360 is a hit in japan." It never happened. People have said it's on track to do better than the Xbox, but no one thinks it's a hit. If someone said that, it would be a clear case of lying.

the "Is PS3 Doomed" thread is a serious issue, PS3 is in trouble, and you can't deny the fact. I've never heard anyone state that it was dead in Europe, in fact most people seem to agree that Europe is Sony's strongest continent, given Nintendo and MS generally perform weak there."Less or as powerful as the 360" is of course another completely valid discussion, I don't see at all why this should be a bannable offense, it is a legitimate topic for discussion (oh sorry, it means the PS3 might not be the zomg magical best device ever, must be banned)

Threads in general talk about issues that come up. There isn't any Sony bashing, just discussion of the future of Sony. Negative comments about Sony are not Sony bashing (ok, maybe there is some Sony bashing), they're simply stating an opinion or a fact (unless it's a lie, of course, but I haven't seen any outright lies against Sony, although I have seen many lies for Sony)

Hus was banned because he was a troll. He said the same derogatory thing over and over again "nin fans are kiddy" and he never contributed anything to any discussions, only ever insulted people and derailed the thread. That is why he got banned. Just because Sony fans get banned doesn't make the forums anti-sony.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

ioi said:

Simple question - do you think the VG Chartz community is biased?

We often get accused of being a Nintendo-biased site, do you think that's fair? As people have said in these forums, reality is Nintendo biased at the moment - their consoles are selling the best so it's not suprising they are getting most attention, but are you a PS3 / 360 gamer who feels that you can't post here for one reason or another?

Let us know how you feel about this and what you think we could do to improve things if you feel there is a problem...

Reality has a Nintendo bias

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

More Nintendo fans = more Nintendo fanboys. The forums aren't biased, they're simply representative of the facts.

Honestly, I'm personally biased. I try to be neutral and fair, but I'll rarely say something good about Sony or Microsoft, and I'll rarely say something bad about Nintendo. *IF* the community as a whole has a bias, it's going to be pro-Nintendo, but you're asking a guy with rose colored glasses on to point out which cereal box is red if you're trying to get an answer from me. I don't see any bias.

No.

eh the numbers, nahh. Forums ohh yahh, wii fanboys can get away with murder around here. there can be no good news about sony posted at all, while bs threads bashing sony PS3 are never closed. (and i mean as in the info used to bash them is pure BS)