By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Subspace Emissary-- not that good.

I didn't realize start would teleport me...so I died a couple times while following someone else. Gah.

If there was an enemy anywhere nearby, then I would die if I went off the screen, since it considers me as fighting I guess, I dunno.

Also, if Player 2 is allowed to take away extra lives, I don't get why Player 2 can't play by himself if Player 1 completely dies.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Beat it too. SSE isn't something i'm itching to go back and play and definitely not worth just buying the game for. However that cutscene before you enter Subspace where all the ships attack Ganandorf and Bowser's ship was quite amazing.

Now to try to figure out where these other three characters are....

Yeah, SSE is just too short... Beaten it in 8 hours on Normal Difficulty...
All the cutscenes, characters and story is perfect. They're just too short...
About the gameplay itself... I'd say it wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either... The 2D platformer makes me feel like I'm playing an old game...
I've never played Melee so I couldn't compare it to the Adventure mode in Melee...
Overall, I think it was great, just too short and the platformer gameplay is bad.

So far, I'm really enjoying SSE...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I kinda liked SSE. The platforming wasn't very difficult, but when you get trapped by blocks you need to break but can't see because the screen is scrolling... that is frustrating... I let out a word of anger or two... or more... because of that. Also the enemies are somewhat inconsistent, sometimes they stand there, sometimes they attack like normal, sometimes they get in a frickin' cheap shot!.... I hate them too...

Anyone else notice how lots of the "dungeons" played very much like Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link?

Around the Network

Something that is bothering me.....

What's with the reallllllly long load times?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Load times are fine for me, same as any other game really.

To op, my guess would be that SSE was meant to be for casuals.  Co-op, a variety of chars to try out moves and a slow paced/simplistic platformer is a good, non-threatening way to introduce a smash game to a beginner.

outlawauron said:

I see those too.  Particularly when I set stage selection to random.  The load times will get around 5-10 seconds.  I also think the custom stages take longer to load than other stages for some reason.

I like it. It really makes me think I'm playing the Gamecube and not the Wii. Everything that made the Gamecube so great is all there! I love it!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

^nice slight of hand...