By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

The Fury said:
Did you hear guys? there is going to be a remastering of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011. You know, because.

Yeah that's a fair comparison /s

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I would only want a remaster of the first two games if they update the graphics like Halo 1 and 2. Maybe that's something they want to do eventually.

Anyhow, I hope they don't charge more than $40 for just GoWIII. They should have included GoW:Ascension as well. Its one of the best looking games of the 7th gen and many skipped it.

God of war ascension is on ps now already.  So those that live in the US can at least play it and the rest of the world can wait. Btw it is only $40 so don't fret! 

PS Now is fine for some, but they should have bundled it with GoWIII. That seems like a no brainer to me.

I want to play GoWIII again eventually, so I'm fine with this port. I won't pay $40 though for a sharper version of a game I can get for a few dollars on PS3.

On the ps3 both god of war 3 and ascension combined is over 70 GIGS.  That's going to go up a lot for the PS4 version.  That's why they can't just throw it in. Plus god of war 3 is a masterpiece and ascension is not.  

I understand you won't buy this until it's on sale if ever but with all due respect you're not the prime target audience. 

Why just remaster GOW3 and not the entire collection?

People keep saying that remasters are good for the people that missed the games or owned a 360 last gen, but in this case what would be the point of someone who owned a 360 and now has a PS4 buying the GOW3 remaster if they haven't played 1 or 2 or any of the other ones.

FloatingWaffles said:
Why just remaster GOW3 and not the entire collection?

People keep saying that remasters are good for the people that missed the games or owned a 360 last gen, but in this case what would be the point of someone who owned a 360 and now has a PS4 buying the GOW3 remaster if they haven't played 1 or 2 or any of the other ones.

They can simply ignore it if they don't want to buy the single game and want to play them in order.

Mr Puggsly said:
Azerth said:
wonder why its just the 3rd game they should have done atleast the first 3 but oh well. hope people enjoy it

I would only want a remaster of the first two games if they update the graphics like Halo 1 and 2. Maybe that's something they want to do eventually.

Anyhow, I hope they don't charge more than $40 for just GoWIII. They should have included GoW:Ascension as well. Its one of the best looking games of the 7th gen and many skipped it.

They said during the livestream yesterday that the remaster is 1080p @ 60 fps, and that it will cost $39.99. I asked the OP to update to include that information, but no dice.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

PS Now is fine for some, but they should have bundled it with GoWIII. That seems like a no brainer to me.

I want to play GoWIII again eventually, so I'm fine with this port. I won't pay $40 though for a sharper version of a game I can get for a few dollars on PS3.

On the ps3 both god of war 3 and ascension combined is over 70 GIGS.  That's going to go up a lot for the PS4 version.  That's why they can't just throw it in. Plus god of war 3 is a masterpiece and ascension is not.  

I understand you won't buy this until it's on sale if ever but with all due respect you're not the prime target audience. 

Make it two discs. Problem solved. I honestly had more fun with GoW:A's gameplay, it just lacked a decent story.

Does it matter if I'm its target audience? I'm still entitled to my opinion. $40 for a sharper version of an old game is not a good deal.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

jlmurph2 said:
Protendo said:
You guys do realize that the PS4 is huge around the world and PS Now's reach is limited. PS Now isn't even in Japan yet.

I dont really see those places as the ones that have people switching from 360. Isn't that who the remaster is for?

A lot of consumers of the 360 originally came from the PS2 fanbase which are primarily third party gamers (originally built by Nintendo and migrated to Sony which Sony expanded them).  The original Xbox originally was just under 25 mil in sales and while similar tactics the gen after to Sony gained almost 4x what they original gen. They'll probably get cut down to half now that Sony started off head to head with them this gen though but Microsoft deserves more the way they are competing right now, so we'll see. They can count on America and Europe for sure.

Protendo said:
I'm sorry but after Halo Chief Mater Collection (even though it was released in a Drive Club state) should be the standards for old content. This should be 1-3 and Ascension minimum, 3 being the remastered, all others being ports with a higher native res.

No, they should port this PS3 collection to PS4 and add Ascension on top of it:

I totally agree that when devs make remakes from last gen, they need to port whole series and include all DLCs. I'd buy Mass Effect, Dead Space, etc. complete collections without blinking an eye. Single games? Maybe if they are dirt cheap on a sale a few years down the road.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Make it two discs. Problem solved. I honestly had more fun with GoW:A's gameplay, it just lacked a decent story.

Does it matter if I'm its target audience? I'm still entitled to my opinion. $40 for a sharper version of an old game is not a good deal.

It would take 3 discs most likely especally if they threw in the others like some suggest.  

$40 is fine for the millions of converters from 360 to ps4 that never played this.  

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to disagree with it. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:

I dont really see those places as the ones that have people switching from 360. Isn't that who the remaster is for?

A lot of consumers of the 360 originally came from the PS2 fanbase which are primarily third party gamers (originally built by Nintendo and migrated to Sony which Sony expanded them).  The original Xbox originally was just under 25 mil in sales and while similar tactics the gen after to Sony gained almost 4x what they original gen. They'll probably get cut down to half now that Sony started off head to head with them this gen though but Microsoft deserves more the way they are competing right now, so we'll see. They can count on America and Europe for sure.

Microsoft deserves where they are. You can't just whipe away that kind of anti-consumer reveal. You should get Japanesse developer support. They should of made a more powerful system, going for Esram for imediate profits shows they weren't thinking about the future. They never should of made Kinect a requirement.

Xbox One doesn't have an identity because of all the reversals and changes. They deserve that, they created it.

I really hope Sony doesn't go down this remaster route. I think it'd be damaging to Sony's future. Now if they made a Playstation Remasterred Classics line that was 19.99-24.99. I think that would do well. 39.99 is just to much for one game that's been in a collection.