By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

Euphoria14 said:
Materia-Blade said:

Xenoblade on 3ds isn't a remaster, it's a move to increase brand recognition. also, the wii game was hard to obtain.

TLOU remaster was the same, yet we got months and months and thread after thread of pure vitriol.

I tried making the same claim you are now, which is the correct reasoning. It didn't fly back the, yet somehow it does now.

All you need to do is look where the last of us remastered ranks amongst the top selling gen 8 games after less than a year on the market and you can see why it was made.  Sony now bundle it with a lot of ps4s. They'd have been stupid not to make it.  God of war is huge in the US and a shit load of ps2 owners switched to ps3 last gen and not back to ps4. This remaster makes so much sense just like a Nathan Drake collection would.  

And it's releasing in JULY.  ITS the perfect title to reduce the summer drought.  Sony got brains this gen. 

Around the Network

Hmm, I had no idea the GoW series was going on for 10 years already. It feels like it hasn't been around for that long. Seems a little lacking for a 10 year anniversary game (a collection perhaps would have been better) but it's a cool way to celebrate the 10 years.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Blood_Tears said:
This all advantage Sony, a calculated and very smart move. They know a pretty sizeable portion of their 20 million plus userbase is from former 360 and Wii owners who likely have not played this series yet. GOW3 is still one of the best looking games out there and this will shine on PS4.

If you love the series, you’ll double dip and if you’re new you’ll try it out at $39.99. It will cost Sony very little to remaster it and they now have an install base that will support their exclusives.

Most of the hate from this thread is the same as always from the Last of Us threads, The Order, Infamous etc. It’s the same hate from the usual people who don’t own the system (mostly) and mock the game walls of whatever Sony is releasing next. That’s the price you pay for being number 1. You get hate from other console owners on websites. All we can do is smile and nod and enjoy this generation! The hate is just another day on vgchartz. Look at the front page, what are ya gonna do? Nothing, play your own system and move on.

For me personally, I love it. I’ll get this one as well and support the dev. God knows they need it after Stig wasted 100 million on basically nothing before moving on. So at least my support will help with the resources of GOW4! Can’t wait!

Well said brother.  All you can do is smile,  buy this awesome game and enjoy the hell out of it! 

i really dont know why gow ascension at the very least isnt also part of this are they planning on releasing that later on?

Play Me

Mr Puggsly said:
Azerth said:
wonder why its just the 3rd game they should have done atleast the first 3 but oh well. hope people enjoy it

I would only want a remaster of the first two games if they update the graphics like Halo 1 and 2. Maybe that's something they want to do eventually.

Anyhow, I hope they don't charge more than $40 for just GoWIII. They should have included GoW:Ascension as well. Its one of the best looking games of the 7th gen and many skipped it.

God of war ascension is on ps now already.  So those that live in the US can at least play it and the rest of the world can wait. Btw it is only $40 so don't fret! 

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
naruball said:

It's hilarious how the complaint was that a remaster of a one year old game is unnecessary. Now we have an older game and the argument changed to "but it's still not old enough". How about some people just enjoy their console of choice and their remasters of old games and keep out of threads about games they have zero insterest in?

Do you honestly consider GoW3 to be an "older game"? Or rather, did you ever honestly think that anyone felt that a game needed to be a certain time interval old to get a remake? Its always been about how a game has aged, and GoW3 is only one gen behind and it is widely considered one of the best looking games of that generation. Its aged pretty damn well...

Don't act like there is rampant hypocrisy when you were just wrong. Simple as that.

This gen millions who were on Nintendo and Microsofts ships last gen are now on ps4. The last of us is nearing 3M sales after less than a year.  You can bet your bottom dollar there is a huge market for this game along with the hardcore fans like me who'd love to double dip.  

Whats to complain about?  A small team worked on this lucrative side project that allows sony to fill up some of the summer drought.  Reading through this thread so many of the complaints are from people who don't own a ps4 or do and have no interest in this.  These people should just move on. I don't complain about DMC getting a PS4 remaster or saints row.  I've zero interest in those series so woop dee do. It's not like the remasters get made at the expense of the sequel.

GoW3 still looks perfectly fine on PS3 so I dunno...

It's a bit of a rip off if it's just gow3, at least tlou was essentially a gotye version and had extra content.

Chuck in ascension and it would probably be worth it.

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I would only want a remaster of the first two games if they update the graphics like Halo 1 and 2. Maybe that's something they want to do eventually.

Anyhow, I hope they don't charge more than $40 for just GoWIII. They should have included GoW:Ascension as well. Its one of the best looking games of the 7th gen and many skipped it.

God of war ascension is on ps now already.  So those that live in the US can at least play it and the rest of the world can wait. Btw it is only $40 so don't fret! 

PS Now is fine for some, but they should have bundled it with GoWIII. That seems like a no brainer to me.

I want to play GoWIII again eventually, so I'm fine with this port. I won't pay $40 though for a sharper version of a game I can get for a few dollars on PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm sorry but after Halo Chief Mater Collection (even though it was released in a Drive Club state) should be the standards for old content. This should be 1-3 and Ascension minimum, 3 being the remastered, all others being ports with a higher native res.