By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

Normchacho said:
Roma said:

the only remaster is WW

the other two are remakes of 15+ years old games even WW is at least 10 years or so 

So? If you have a significant audience on the new platform that didn't play the origional, why does it matter when the last one came out?

It's hilarious how the complaint was that a remaster of a one year old game is unnecessary. Now we have an older game and the argument changed to "but it's still not old enough". How about some people just enjoy their console of choice and their remasters of old games and keep out of threads about games they have zero insterest in?

Also, is lying really allowed here? Saying that most of Sony's games are remasters and that they are focusing on remasters with only a single remaster released by Sony so far. That's a straight up lie and I fail to see how it is allowed around here.

Anyway. I'll wait for the price to go down and will buy it eventually.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Normchacho said:

So? If you have a significant audience on the new platform that didn't play the origional, why does it matter when the last one came out?

It's hilarious how the complaint was that a remaster of a one year old game is unnecessary. Now we have an older game and the argument changed to "but it's still not old enough". How about some people just enjoy their console of choice and their remasters of old games and keep out of threads about games they have zero insterest in?

Also, is lying really allowed here? Saying that most of Sony's games are remasters and that they are focusing on remasters with only a single remaster released by Sony so far. That's a straight up lie and I fail to see how it is allowed around here.

Anyway. I'll wait for the price to go down and will buy it eventually.

I honestly don't get it...but whatever I guess, scoring points in a game with no winner.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I think that people should be open-minded enough to respect both sides of the argument.

On one hand, it's great to see games you loved looking and running better. If 1080p/60fps Bioshock Trilogy and Uncharted Trilogy end up becoming a reality I'll buy a PS4 eventually.

On the other hand, I think many people are just surprised at how many remasters we've had so soon this gen - many that were only year old games no less - and many that weren't multi-game compilations, either. I mean, GOW collection on PS3 was great and it was only $30 IIRC. If Ascension were included with GOW3 and the price was right then it would make this news much better.

Azerth said:
wonder why its just the 3rd game they should have done atleast the first 3 but oh well. hope people enjoy it

I would only want a remaster of the first two games if they update the graphics like Halo 1 and 2. Maybe that's something they want to do eventually.

Anyhow, I hope they don't charge more than $40 for just GoWIII. They should have included GoW:Ascension as well. Its one of the best looking games of the 7th gen and many skipped it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Lol so lame.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Do you honestly consider GoW3 to be an "older game"? Or rather, did you ever honestly think that anyone felt that a game needed to be a certain time interval old to get a remake? Its always been about how a game has aged, and GoW3 is only one gen behind and it is widely considered one of the best looking games of that generation. Its aged pretty damn well...

Don't act like there is rampant hypocrisy when you were just wrong. Simple as that.

sundin13 said:
naruball said:

Do you honestly consider GoW3 to be an "older game"? Or rather, did you ever honestly think that anyone felt that a game needed to be a certain time interval old to get a remake? Its always been about how a game has aged, and GoW3 is only one gen behind and it is widely considered one of the best looking games of that generation. Its aged pretty damn well...

Don't act like there is rampant hypocrisy when you were just wrong. Simple as that.

Man, this is hilarious. So, since you think I'm wrong, I must be. Makes perfect sense.

Check the comments on people criticizing remasters. Tons of comments focus on when the game was released, not how good it looked. The argument was, "but the ps3 version was just released last year". Not that it looked good already. So, yes, GoW III is an older game compared to The Last of Us or DmC.

Again, even if it has aged well for you, it doens't mean that people who like graphics more than others would not appreciate the upgrade. I have zero interest in MCC or most MS franchises, that's why I stay out of those threads and I most certainly don't go around telling them if MCC is necessary or not.

oldschoolfool said:
why not the last one that came out. the only one that I never played. lol

You should I enjoyed it.  It has the deepest combat of the series and some great boss battles.  The story is lacking and it is STILL GoW (some were surprised and penalized it for being samey even though it's a sequel) so if those are problems then maybe skip it.

I am Iron Man

naruball said:

Man, this is hilarious. So, since you think I'm wrong, I must be. Makes perfect sense.

Check the comments on people criticizing remasters. Tons of comments focus on when the game was released, not how good it looked. The argument was, "but the ps3 version was just released last year". Not that it looked good already. So, yes, GoW III is an older game compared to The Last of Us or DmC.

Well I believe you are wrong...as I said, it doesn't matter if a game came out a year ago or five years ago, if a remaster doesn't improve enough to validate its existence, it will get shit on. As I said, a large part of this is how a game has aged and games can only age so much in a year, but thinking that there is some specific time interval that people have in mind sounds like you are severely misinterpreting the arguement. Additionally, just because somebody said that one year was too quick for a remaster in no way implies that five years should be acceptable.

Not a fan of God of War but its still an amazing game, I enjoyed God of War 3 on the PS3 but I'm certainly not willing to spend the big bucks on a remake. They should put the effort on an old classic instead, not something we played not so long ago.