By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

This all advantage Sony, a calculated and very smart move. They know a pretty sizeable portion of their 20 million plus userbase is from former 360 and Wii owners who likely have not played this series yet. GOW3 is still one of the best looking games out there and this will shine on PS4.

If you love the series, you’ll double dip and if you’re new you’ll try it out at $39.99. It will cost Sony very little to remaster it and they now have an install base that will support their exclusives.

Most of the hate from this thread is the same as always from the Last of Us threads, The Order, Infamous etc. It’s the same hate from the usual people who don’t own the system (mostly) and mock the game walls of whatever Sony is releasing next. That’s the price you pay for being number 1. You get hate from other console owners on websites. All we can do is smile and nod and enjoy this generation! The hate is just another day on vgchartz. Look at the front page, what are ya gonna do? Nothing, play your own system and move on.

For me personally, I love it. I’ll get this one as well and support the dev. God knows they need it after Stig wasted 100 million on basically nothing before moving on. So at least my support will help with the resources of GOW4! Can’t wait!

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
Euphoria14 said:

What's wrong with that? It's not like they are only creating Remasters, which no doubt have teams that are tiny compared to main teams.

If you don't want them, don't buy them. New IP and sequels will still come. PS4 has plenty of games still coming that are not Remasters.

Its not like Uncharted 4 was delayed because a tiny team made TLOU Remastered.

Did you read? he asked if the point of every remaster is to increase brand recognition.

Yes, did you?

I wasn't responding to him. I was responding to what you wrote, which was about Remasters being cash grabs.

They are not only attempts to increase recognition but also easy money that helps dev teams stay afloat. It's part of why I don't understand the constant bitching and complaining about them.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

God of war 3 is awesome. However, it's weird not to include Ascension too.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Yawn and I still have no reason to go buy a ps4 yet

I might even buy God of War 3 RE, but what I really want is God of War 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please SM.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
I might even buy God of War 3 RE, but what I really want is God of War 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please SM.

We will get 4 soon.  Didn't you see the teaser with 4 omegas?

Roronaa_chan said:

GOW4 tease?

Nate4Drake said:

Sony remastering 3 all but confirms they plan on continuing the franchise. Do not worry.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

OP should update to include that it's 1080 @ 60 fps, they said so during the livestream.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Protendo said:
Nate4Drake said:

We will get 4 soon.  Didn't you see the teaser with 4 omegas?

'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">

Oh wow, nice catch. We might see something this year on GOW4. Possibly Gamescom or E3.

Currently playing:

jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:

Yup, and they look like PS2 games. Sure they could have, but that woldn't really do anything to hype up the 4th game would it? Why is it money grabbing if a dev doesn't choose the absolute cheapest way to let people play their game?

There's 3 routes that could have been taken

1. Put GOW3 on PSNow

2. Remaster the collection from the PS3

3. Remaster GOW3

They chose the route that would bring the most money from consumers. Not very consumer friendly.

Did you think that maybe it wasn't financially viable to remaster the whole series when several of the games are already on PSNow?

It's really nothing out of the ordinary, the remastered a game because the rest of them are available to PS4 owners already and it's a good way to drum up buzz for the upcoming game. Call the BBB I guess...Or maybe Amniesty International.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.