By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

I think people blow this out of proportion. Games from the 7th gen can't run on current consoles. If companies remaster the more popular titles, they make it so the games will be available for years to come. Basically, if the games now run on the x86 architecture, it means it will most likely run on future consoles as well since it's highly unlikely that Sony and Microsoft will go back to a PPC architecture.

Which means that it is quite possible that future consoles will be more akin to steam in which the games you have purchased carry on from one console to an other, and it also means that those games remain purchasable for everyone, with only the newer games requiring you to upgrade the newer consoles to make them run.

At least, that's the way I envision the future of consoles.

Even if that's not the case, making older games available to newcomers, or to people who sold their older system can't be a bad thing. A choice is always better than no choice.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

Ironic since you labelled me as not portraying my point clearly earlier.  In your last post you said sony fans like it bears some weight.  The vocal minority take over the forums including those comment sections.  The vast majority liked the video anniunment and moved on.  

Btw come next january you'll get this on sale for $20 so those that find value in $40 like me plus many wii and 360 converters will get it in July,  and those who only want to spend 20$ can get it 6 months later.  Simple. 

It does bear weight, its clear many avid Sony fans are underwhelmed by the execution of this "remaster." Frankly, its not even a remaster this is just a port.

Sony doesn't make ports for converts, they do it for a little extra cash. This is why Vita and PS3 also have a bunch of ports.

I know it'll be $20 eventually and that's the price it should launch for. Its not worth $40 and the fact Sony is asking for that feels like a gross cash grab. Frankly, I don't care if you disagree its my opinion and many share it. No need to keep responding, we're just gonna go in circles.

I'm sure many avid fans are dissapointed but many more are happy.  8 to 1 by the looks of it. It's not a cash grab it's called doing business.  If you don't feel it's worth it you can wait a few months as I said.  And yes part of the reason they would greenlight this is because of the massive number of converters.