By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

Kerotan said:

Many avid sony fans are very happy with this including me.  Just like last year this is releasing during the summer drought.  The last of us was the best game ever imo so no wonder it got more praise.  I went on the youtube trailer for god of war 3 and it had 8k likes to 1k dislikes.  Don't like the vocal minority fool you.  

Ascension was ignored because it was a prequel and not nearly as good as #3. It's one of the best games ever made on ps3 and deserves a remaster for the 10th anniversary.  Sony would have a very small team working on this so it's not like god of war 4 aint getting made. 

So you're happy with the fact that last gen Sony would release trilogies for collections but now they're happy just releasing a single game? Why can't they just chuck 1 and 2 on the disc and call it a trilogy? 

Around the Network

Quite odd since 1 and 2 aren't in the deal. Even so, I havent played 3 yet, so I think I will get this upon launch.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Blob said:
Kerotan said:

Many avid sony fans are very happy with this including me.  Just like last year this is releasing during the summer drought.  The last of us was the best game ever imo so no wonder it got more praise.  I went on the youtube trailer for god of war 3 and it had 8k likes to 1k dislikes.  Don't like the vocal minority fool you.  

Ascension was ignored because it was a prequel and not nearly as good as #3. It's one of the best games ever made on ps3 and deserves a remaster for the 10th anniversary.  Sony would have a very small team working on this so it's not like god of war 4 aint getting made. 

So you're happy with the fact that last gen Sony would release trilogies for collections but now they're happy just releasing a single game? Why can't they just chuck 1 and 2 on the disc and call it a trilogy? 

Yeah because I own those collections digitally on ps3 and I'd use ps now if I wanted to play them on ps4. Graphics are as good as they will get.  God of war 3 however will move up another notch and it's by far the best in the series for me. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not sure if we can call it a spin off considering the title of the game is God of War. It was ignored compared to other games in the series, I'm not saying it was a flop.

Last of Us Remasterd has been massively bundled and it was released when PS4 was lacking games. More importantly, there isn't the same demand for a GoWIII Remaster. Last of Us was only about a year old when it got ported as well, not 5 years old.

Just look at the reactions we've seen. The general concensus for TLoU Remaster was positive, it made sense. Yet even avid Sony fans are underwhelmed about a GoWIII Remaster.

Hah, 8k likes and 1k dislikes ain't great. TLoU trailer has 21k like and 444 dislikes. :-p

Earlier you told me GoWIII is gonna sell millions because TLoU did (mostly bundles). Now it seems like you understand GoWIII won't garner the same interest.

Now you admit GoW:Ascension was ignored? Glad you see it my way.

I'm not arguing whether or not GoW:A is as good as GoWIII, I'm simply pointing out it was a good game and better than most PS3 exclusives. A GoWIII and GoW:A compilation would have received more praise. The PSP games aren't exactly masterpieces either but Sony felt they were good enough to port to PS3.

Did I imply this remaster is getting in the way of GoW4? Please stop making presumptions.

Holy mother of.... Talk about twisting my words LOL. 

The trailer has just released and already has 8k likes with less views. The vocal minority jumped all over it.  The first day it had 4k to 1k. Now the haters have moved on and the likes going up with the dislikes stagnant.  

Most of TLOU sales up until xmas were not bundles and including digital was over 3m. In just 6 months.  It is heavily bundled now but that's irrelevant.  God of war 3 will sell millions both on its own and in bundles.  I never said this will get the same interest as TLOU but it will get huge interest all the same.  You badly misinterpreted what I actually meant.  

Again,  I don't think ascension was ignored. It was a prequel and not as good as one of the greatest games ever.  Of course it would sell less but a couple of million sales ain't ignored lol. Obviously that's not your way of thinking but what can ye do.  You're entitled to your views.  

Again the game wasn't as good or as popular as 3 which is the series peak so if they are only doing one they will pick 3. This game alone will fill a full bluray disc and it will provide excellent value to the many newcomers to GoW3 it brings.  People like you can get it in a year when it's on sale.  No harm in that.  

God of war 1&2 got their own collection but they're ps2 games and fit on on one disc.  The two psp titles the same.  To me I'd pay more money for god of war 3 then any double combination of the others.  

And the last part is absolute gold considering you've just made a reply full of wrong assumptions about me.  Touche :) 

Kerotan said:

The trailer has just released and already has 8k likes with less views. The vocal minority jumped all over it.  The first day it had 4k to 1k. Now the haters have moved on and the likes going up with the dislikes stagnant.  

Most of TLOU sales up until xmas were not bundles and including digital was over 3m. In just 6 months.  It is heavily bundled now but that's irrelevant.  God of war 3 will sell millions both on its own and in bundles.  I never said this will get the same interest as TLOU but it will get huge interest all the same.  You badly misinterpreted what I actually meant.  

Again,  I don't think ascension was ignored. It was a prequel and not as good as one of the greatest games ever.  Of course it would sell less but a couple of million sales ain't ignored lol. Obviously that's not your way of thinking but what can ye do.  You're entitled to your views.  

Again the game wasn't as good or as popular as 3 which is the series peak so if they are only doing one they will pick 3. This game alone will fill a full bluray disc and it will provide excellent value to the many newcomers to GoW3 it brings.  People like you can get it in a year when it's on sale.  No harm in that.  

God of war 1&2 got their own collection but they're ps2 games and fit on on one disc.  The two psp titles the same.  To me I'd pay more money for god of war 3 then any double combination of the others.  

And the last part is absolute gold considering you've just made a reply full of wrong assumptions about me.  Touche :) 

I'm not twisting your word. You're poor at expressing your views without contradicting yourself.

The percentage of dislikes the GoWIII trailers has is bad compared to TLoU trailer on YouTube and you know exactly why. Its not the haters causing this, its disappointed consumers. Even Sony fans are disappointed. You forget I'm a Sony fan as well by the way, I'm just not as avid as you and I dont defend all their decisions.

TLoU was heavily bundled last year as well. Go do your research.

GOW:A is still a good game and people want it included with GoWIII. Like I said already, a GoWIII and GoW:A bundle would have recieved a more positive response. This isn't a view, its a fact.

You'd pay for a GoWIII Remaster over the combination of others because the other games are older and were already bundled. In 2009 getting two GoW games for $40 was a pretty good deal. In 2015, getting just GoWIII for the same price is underwhelming. Especially given Sony's history of bundling multiple games. This GoWIII release just feels like a quick cash grab and it seems a little desperate to get something out quick.

If MS releases Gears 3 for X1 this summer for $40, well it would be a better deal because of the multiplayer and DLC. But it would still be a dissapointment. Sorry, but GoWIII is no exception especially for a game a with little value on its own.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

I'm not twisting your word. You're poor at expressing your views without contradicting yourself.

The percentage of dislikes the GoWIII trailers has is bad compared to TLoU trailer on YouTube and you know exactly why. Its not the haters causing this, its disappointed consumers. Even Sony fans are disappointed. You forget I'm a Sony fan as well by the way, I'm just not as avid as you and I dont defend all their decisions.

GOW:A is still a good game and people want it included with GoWIII. Like I said already, a GoWIII and GoW:A bundle would have recieved a more positive response. This isn't a view, its a fact.

You'd pay for a GoWIII Remaster over the combination of others because the other games are older and were already bundled. In 2009 getting two GoW games for $40 was a pretty good deal. In 2015, getting just GoWIII for the same price is underwhelming. Especially given Sony's history of bundling multiple games. This GoWIII release just feels like a quick cash grab and it seems a little desperate to get something out quick.

If MS releases Gears 3 for X1 this summer for $40, well it would be a better deal because of the multiplayer and DLC. But it would still be a dissapointment. Sorry, but GoWIII is no exception especially for a game a with little value on its own.

Another contradiction and sweeping generalization.  Not all sony fans are dissapointed clearly if it has 8k likes to 1k. 

I own the ps3 remasters and I'd rather buy GoW3 over all the others combined.  I made it very clear what I was saying.  Most people have no issues getting my point. 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Another contradiction and sweeping generalization.  Not all sony fans are dissapointed clearly if it has 8k likes to 1k. 

I own the ps3 remasters and I'd rather buy GoW3 over all the others combined.  I made it very clear what I was saying.  Most people have no issues getting my point. 

Where did I say "all Sony fans are dissappointed"? No contradiction or generalization, just you trying to argue semantics.

This comment on that trailer has 241 thumbs up by the way, "This sounds lazy, were you desperate to fill the summer gap? I'm not against it, but at least give us a good deal because I can get a real full GoW collection on PS3 for €20." I agree with that.

I understand you rather have a remaster of GoWIII than any other bundle of PS2 games. However, those PS2 bundles were a better value that also had critically acclaimed games. At that time GoWIII wasn't that old, but its old now so we expect more than a relatively straight port for $40.

You know what I just realized, you're missing the point entirely. Many of us are actually happy this is coming to PS4. We're just disappointed how Sony is doing it. We want another bundle collection OR significant improvements to the actual graphics, not just a single old game for $40 with no significant improvements.

Frankly, if Sony released this for $20 there would be a lot less complaints.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Kerotan said:
Blob said

Yeah because I own those collections digitally on ps3 and I'd use ps now if I wanted to play them on ps4. Graphics are as good as they will get.  God of war 3 however will move up another notch and it's by far the best in the series for me. 

Yeah I'm done. If your happy with sony doing less then so be it. Just don't act like the rest of us should be. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Where did I say "all Sony fans are dissappointed"? No contradiction or generalization, just you trying to argue semantics.

This comment on that trailer has 241 thumbs up by the way, "This sounds lazy, were you desperate to fill the summer gap? I'm not against it, but at least give us a good deal because I can get a real full GoW collection on PS3 for €20." I agree with that.

I understand you rather have a remaster of GoWIII than any other bundle of PS2 games. However, those PS2 bundles were a better value that also had critically acclaimed games. At that time GoWIII wasn't that old, but its old now so we expect more than a relatively straight port for $40.

You know what I just realized, you're missing the point entirely. Many of us are actually happy this is coming to PS4. We're just disappointed how Sony is doing it. We want another bundle collection OR significant improvements to the actual graphics, not just a single old game for $40 with no significant improvements.

Frankly, if Sony released this for $20 there would be a lot less complaints.

Ironic since you labelled me as not portraying my point clearly earlier.  In your last post you said sony fans like it bears some weight.  The vocal minority take over the forums including those comment sections.  The vast majority liked the video anniunment and moved on.  

Btw come next january you'll get this on sale for $20 so those that find value in $40 like me plus many wii and 360 converters will get it in July,  and those who only want to spend 20$ can get it 6 months later.  Simple. 

Kerotan said:

Ironic since you labelled me as not portraying my point clearly earlier.  In your last post you said sony fans like it bears some weight.  The vocal minority take over the forums including those comment sections.  The vast majority liked the video anniunment and moved on.  

Btw come next january you'll get this on sale for $20 so those that find value in $40 like me plus many wii and 360 converters will get it in July,  and those who only want to spend 20$ can get it 6 months later.  Simple. 

It does bear weight, its clear many avid Sony fans are underwhelmed by the execution of this "remaster." Frankly, its not even a remaster this is just a port.

Sony doesn't make ports for converts, they do it for a little extra cash. This is why Vita and PS3 also have a bunch of ports.

I know it'll be $20 eventually and that's the price it should launch for. Its not worth $40 and the fact Sony is asking for that feels like a gross cash grab. Frankly, I don't care if you disagree its my opinion and many share it. No need to keep responding, we're just gonna go in circles.

Recently Completed