By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Remastered coming to PS4 July 14th - screens and trailer

Wheres my remstaered 1080p/60 fops god of war ghost of sparta sony XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Make it two discs. Problem solved. I honestly had more fun with GoW:A's gameplay, it just lacked a decent story.

Does it matter if I'm its target audience? I'm still entitled to my opinion. $40 for a sharper version of an old game is not a good deal.

It would take 3 discs most likely especally if they threw in the others like some suggest.  

$40 is fine for the millions of converters from 360 to ps4 that never played this.  

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to disagree with it. 

It wouldn't take three discs. Also, they could make the multiplayer portion of GoW:A a download. That's how Halo:MCC handled multiplayer.

Millions of people aren't going to pay $40 for GoWIII Remaster. Much of the original GoW Collection's sales came from mass bundling.

Sony makes ports regardless of userbase converts. Sony made a bunch remasters for PS3 and that's when Sony lost a huge chunk of their userbase.

Disagree if you want, but most will agree $40 isn't a great deal for that old game with no extras. A nice extra would have been GoW:A, a fun game many ignored on PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I would of thought this would be one of the games used for PS Now.

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Make it two discs. Problem solved. I honestly had more fun with GoW:A's gameplay, it just lacked a decent story.

Does it matter if I'm its target audience? I'm still entitled to my opinion. $40 for a sharper version of an old game is not a good deal.

It would take 3 discs most likely especally if they threw in the others like some suggest.  

$40 is fine for the millions of converters from 360 to ps4 that never played this.  

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to disagree with it. 

It wouldn't take three discs. Also, they could make the multiplayer portion of GoW:A a download. That's how Halo:MCC handled multiplayer.

Millions of people aren't going to pay $40 for GoWIII Remaster. Much of the original GoW Collection's sales came from mass bundling.

Sony makes ports regardless of userbase converts. Sony made a bunch remasters for PS3 and that's when Sony lost a huge chunk of their userbase.

Disagree if you want, but most will agree $40 isn't a great deal for that old game with no extras. A nice extra would have been GoW:A, a fun game many ignored on PS3.

For a spin off its sales suggest it was far from ignored.  It was a prequel after all. 

Millions bought the last of us remastered and I'll bet over a million will buy this two.  There is a market for this and many will find value in the purchase.  Many more who don't will wait for price drops and then get it.  It's how the market works. 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

For a spin off its sales suggest it was far from ignored.  It was a prequel after all. 

Millions bought the last of us remastered and I'll bet over a million will buy this two.  There is a market for this and many will find value in the purchase.  Many more who don't will wait for price drops and then get it.  It's how the market works. 

I'm not sure if we can call it a spin off considering the title of the game is God of War. It was ignored compared to other games in the series, I'm not saying it was a flop.

Last of Us Remasterd has been massively bundled and it was released when PS4 was lacking games. More importantly, there isn't the same demand for a GoWIII Remaster. Last of Us was only about a year old when it got ported as well, not 5 years old.

Just look at the reactions we've seen. The general concensus for TLoU Remaster was positive, it made sense. Yet even avid Sony fans are underwhelmed about a GoWIII Remaster.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not sure if we can call it a spin off considering the title of the game is God of War. It was ignored compared to other games in the series, I'm not saying it was a flop.

Last of Us Remasterd has been massively bundled and it was released when PS4 was lacking games. More importantly, there isn't the same demand for a GoWIII Remaster. Last of Us was only about a year old when it got ported as well, not 5 years old.

Just look at the reactions we've seen. The general concensus for TLoU Remaster was positive, it made sense. Yet even avid Sony fans are underwhelmed about a GoWIII Remaster.

Many avid sony fans are very happy with this including me.  Just like last year this is releasing during the summer drought.  The last of us was the best game ever imo so no wonder it got more praise.  I went on the youtube trailer for god of war 3 and it had 8k likes to 1k dislikes.  Don't like the vocal minority fool you.  

Ascension was ignored because it was a prequel and not nearly as good as #3. It's one of the best games ever made on ps3 and deserves a remaster for the 10th anniversary.  Sony would have a very small team working on this so it's not like god of war 4 aint getting made. 

Mr Puggsly said:

LoU Remaster was positive, it made sense. Yet even avid Sony fans are underwhelmed about a GoWIII Remaster.

Funny since the remasters are aimed at former wii and 360 fans that jumped into the PS camp this gen.

Drazgonow said:
Mr Puggsly said:

LoU Remaster was positive, it made sense. Yet even avid Sony fans are underwhelmed about a GoWIII Remaster.

Funny since the remasters are aimed at former wii and 360 fans that jumped into the PS camp this gen.

They are aimed at people who have money, but dont know what to do with it.

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Many avid sony fans are very happy with this including me.  Just like last year this is releasing during the summer drought.  The last of us was the best game ever imo so no wonder it got more praise.  I went on the youtube trailer for god of war 3 and it had 8k likes to 1k dislikes.  Don't like the vocal minority fool you.  

Ascension was ignored because it was a prequel and not nearly as good as #3. It's one of the best games ever made on ps3 and deserves a remaster for the 10th anniversary.  Sony would have a very small team working on this so it's not like god of war 4 aint getting made. 

Hah, 8k likes and 1k dislikes ain't great. TLoU trailer has 21k like and 444 dislikes. :-p

Earlier you told me GoWIII is gonna sell millions because TLoU did (mostly bundles). Now it seems like you understand GoWIII won't garner the same interest.

Now you admit GoW:Ascension was ignored? Glad you see it my way.

I'm not arguing whether or not GoW:A is as good as GoWIII, I'm simply pointing out it was a good game and better than most PS3 exclusives. A GoWIII and GoW:A compilation would have received more praise. The PSP games aren't exactly masterpieces either but Sony felt they were good enough to port to PS3.

Did I imply this remaster is getting in the way of GoW4? Please stop making presumptions.

Recently Completed

Drazgonow said:
Mr Puggsly said:

That a dumb argument considering Sony was making remasters for PS3 when people were leaving Sony. Sony also put numerous remasters on the Vita.

Hence, Sony releases remasters for extra money and its an easy way to get critically acclaimed games on their new platform.

Recently Completed