By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

Runa216 said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, you were really close.

After you beat the witch of hemwick you find the rune equipment tool (no idea how it's called) in the room behind here boss room, once you have that you can to the big altar in the back of the house in hunters dream, there you can equip runes.

well shit, now I gotta go figure that out!

also, as an aside:  is there a level cap in this game?  I'm at level 80 something, so as far as I thought, I wouldn't be getting many more levels.

I'm level 234 or something :D (but again I'm like NG+6 by now)

The max level is every stat at 99, but it generally doesn't make sense to level a stat above 50 (or in Endurance' case 40)

Around the Network

Game sits on a 92% not 93%

Daaaaang a 92 and only 1 mixed review. That's insane. I gotta play this sometime.

Runa216 said:
Bah. I think I really have hit a block in this game. I'm right at the end, and have three threads to complete:

1 - Martyr Longarius - I can't figure out for the life of me how to avoid his attacks, though he's the one I'm closest to conquering. Ah well, whatever the case, I just don't feel I'm making any progress.

2 - Daughter of the Cosmos - For the life of me I can't avoid his attacks and he hits like a tank. I Can't even get to mode 2 anymore, once I do (have twice), she instakills me with her laser things. I just Find her so annoying!

3 - Nightmare of Mensis - Just unacceptably annoying. That stupid enemy in the far off distance doing the frenzy thing, which does like 80% damage every time and I can't avoid it, not to mention the incredibly obnoxious enemies. I try just running past, but then the spiders attack me, then I avoid them, too because I can't kill them, then after that the two hunters...and I just can't get past that even with me just running.

Point is, I think I'm done. It stopped being fun when I hit all three of these roadblocks that I can't overcmome. 99% of the game seems to revolve around the idea that if you are smart, take your time, memorize the enemies and learn from your mistakes, you will get better, and you will overcome.

Now it's nothing but frustration and I just don't see myself winning out over these enemies. it got stupid hard, and considerably more cheap, therefore not fun anymore. A Shame, too, because in the matter of an hour, I went from absolutely loving this game to flat-out hating it. Am I missing something here? Something that would make things easier? Something that would make the game less annoying and more fair? or do I just suck?

If you are willing to give up now what will happen if you go to the Chalices, especially the Defiled Pthumeru Chalice? Just don't give up, press on, don't stay too long without playing. Sometimes I felt when battling Amygdala on Defiled Chalice that I would never pass it, but then with focus and dedication I managed without any kind of guide, just doing my own thing.

Study the enemies, try and try again. What I can tell is that around level 80-90, the King and Ebrietas are not so hard, because you can hit very hard with a evolved weapon. Regarding the Nightmare of Mensis, spend your Insight so the frenzy is not so strong. Equip some defensive gear against Frenzy and it will be smooth. Run past the spiders if you lose any time against the hunter on the bridge.

DerNebel said:
Groundking said:
For Ebriatas, just equip a +9 Blades of Mercy, two blades form, pop a beast pellet, get behind her in between the two tentical things and just go to town. She quickly kicks the bucket.

Oh if only was remotely as easy as you're making it out to be. :D

It's how I dealt with her as her charge attack is bullshit, so I just took the charge attack out of the game, plus if you have good pool of stamina and stack beasthood you will get monstrous damages using a quick weapon.

Around the Network

Wouldn't be AAA without one click bait review.

Runa216 said:
Bah. I think I really have hit a block in this game. I'm right at the end, and have three threads to complete:

1 - Martyr Longarius - I can't figure out for the life of me how to avoid his attacks, though he's the one I'm closest to conquering. Ah well, whatever the case, I just don't feel I'm making any progress.

2 - Daughter of the Cosmos - For the life of me I can't avoid his attacks and he hits like a tank. I Can't even get to mode 2 anymore, once I do (have twice), she instakills me with her laser things. I just Find her so annoying!

3 - Nightmare of Mensis - Just unacceptably annoying. That stupid enemy in the far off distance doing the frenzy thing, which does like 80% damage every time and I can't avoid it, not to mention the incredibly obnoxious enemies. I try just running past, but then the spiders attack me, then I avoid them, too because I can't kill them, then after that the two hunters...and I just can't get past that even with me just running.

Point is, I think I'm done. It stopped being fun when I hit all three of these roadblocks that I can't overcmome. 99% of the game seems to revolve around the idea that if you are smart, take your time, memorize the enemies and learn from your mistakes, you will get better, and you will overcome.

Now it's nothing but frustration and I just don't see myself winning out over these enemies. it got stupid hard, and considerably more cheap, therefore not fun anymore. A Shame, too, because in the matter of an hour, I went from absolutely loving this game to flat-out hating it. Am I missing something here? Something that would make things easier? Something that would make the game less annoying and more fair? or do I just suck?

1) Marty Logarius is  parry-able, to make the battle a little easier make sure you have the runes the "restore 200 hp every visceral attacks" and %20 more damage w/ viseral attacks, when I fought him he tends to usually use his sycthe more than his magic when your close to him, also just shooting will sometimes cancel/interupt his actions. To add to that Logarius sometimes does a side step if you shoot him, some people online(and me) used this tactic to move him into a corner and go at him. the only move I coudn't completely avidd was that magic attack that shot endless spikes, you really had to manuver those small pillar to avoid that attack but made it easy for logarius to attack you.

2) Daughter of Cosmos was a BITCH!!!(was probably the most I died on a boss in the game) the key to this fight (imo) is to definetlty wait for openings, I used the Ludwig's Holy Blade for the battle(along with Logarius) when she slamed her head on the ground I'd use my a heavy attacks to hit her, if you hit the head enough she will become temporarily stunned enough to  hit it more or (what you should do) a visceral attack(and again use the recommend runes above) and you'll be able to land a few more hits after the visceral attack. As for the laser attacks their pretty easy to dodge, but I would recommend to lock on her to see when it's coming; usually she does a roar and all her tentacles rise in the air.

3) Nightmare of mensis isn't so bad, to escape  being frenzied, hide behind the rocks and the frenzy won't get you use pebbles to lure enemies to where the first lamp is and fight them there most covered space and just run past those rock-throwing enemies; also make sure you have sedatives and the 200+ frenzy defense when you get to the spiders lure them one by one by using pebbles.(but yeah spiders hit like a brick for some reason and it's fucking BS those frenzy enemies can see from that distance) this area literally made me worship the pebble, also make sure you play offline the first part as this is one of the areas will you can easily be invaded thanks the the bell ringing woman.

Actually, I just beat the game....only to realize too late that it automatically sends you back to the beginning in new game plus without giving you time to try again or get a different ending. I was hoping they'd say "Would you like to return to before you beat the game to finish up side quests" or something, but nuuuuupe. Auto new game plus.

I was kind of pissed. But hey, I beat it! (Well, evidently I took the pussy way out and let what's his face kill me....I thought I could go back and fight him after!)

Alas, I'm done, and I'll likely start from scratch, this time knowing full well that I gotta do all the side quests first. but for now, I move on, and I wait for Witcher 3!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
DerNebel said:
Runa216 said:
DerNebel said:

I can fully understand your points regardging Logarius and Ebrietas, especially the second one is still giving me trouble and I'm on NG+5 and got the Platinum trophy, as for the Nightmare of Mensis part: Just keep running, run to the castle, run past the spiders, run past the hunter, in that dark room run down the stairs and then look right, you should see a body with an item on it, next to that is a way that leads to a lift that takes you down to a new lantern. aMaybe equip a frenzy rune or the crowfeather set if you're taking too much frenzy damage.

Hmmm, so I was literally almost at the 'lift' area, once I pass the hunter?  

Also, how do you equip runes?  Never figured that one out.

Yeah, you were really close.

After you beat the witch of hemwick you find the rune equipment tool (no idea how it's called) in the room behind here boss room, once you have that you can to the big altar in the back of the house in hunters dream, there you can equip runes.

well shit, now I gotta go figure that out!

also, as an aside:  is there a level cap in this game?  I'm at level 80 something, so as far as I thought, I wouldn't be getting many more levels.

There is a level cap around 400-500 but it's recommended to not add more than 50 to every stats except endurance that should be 40.

Also, that pair of final bosses was an absolute joke. Got the wet nurse one on my second try, and that coward guy on my third try after he instakilled me in his final chambers.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android