By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

DerNebel said:
Anfebious said:

Those 2 bosses you talk about are entirely optional. As for the Nightmare of Mensis part... did you know you can avoid the frenzy by staying away from the light? You just have to get near a rock. Practice running and moving the camera at the same time and you will get better at avoiding enemies. I generally use my right index finger to control the camera (it sounds hard but it isn't once you practice it).

If you still want to beat those two bosses:

For Martyr Logarius: I had trouble with this one too, I just went and used the charge attack of Ludwig's Holy Blade. I got lucky and didn't die on this one, that's all I can tell you.

Eberieta: Her attack patterns are completely random, sometimes she won't use certain attacks in the fight at all. Just make sure you use a strong weapon (like Ludwig's Holy Blade, seriously that weapon is very fucking good) and learn how to avoid her attacks.

It all boils down to that, use the most powerful weapon you can and try to avoid the enemies attack. You don't have magic in this game so you can't take the "easy route" just practice and get better. Also drink some tea, it will make you feel soo good.

If you are still having trouble stop playing and give up.

I really wouldn't say that it comes down to using the most powerful weapon, I've been systematically avoiding Ludwig's Holy Blade for example, it's more about using the weapon that you're most comfortable with, I've beaten Logarius and Ebrietas with the BoM, Logarius Wheel and the Burial Blade, though I will admit that I used the Cannon for support during my Logarius Wheel and Burial Blade fights against Ebrietas.

You have a point, most weapons can be used. It all comes down to preference. I just choose LHB because it's the best weapon in the game (no matter what ethomaz says, it's the freaking best.).

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Just to show how it works... my stats:

Strength 40
Skill 35

386 ATK Ludwig Holy Blade +9 (scale: Strength B / Skill B)
277 ATK Hunter Axe +8 (scale: Strength B / Skill D)

I know the Hunter Axe is a level below but even with 20% boost in ATK after level up to +9 won't make the over 100 ATK difference... it really lack better scale with Skill.

The Hunter Axe will never will be strong like the Ludwig Holy Blade.

PS. No rune added... the Ludwig Holy Blade can go to 700 ATK with runes.

Anfebious said:

You have a point, most weapons can be used. It all comes down to preference. I just choose LHB because it's the best weapon in the game (no matter what ethomaz says, it's the freaking best.).

It scales with B in two stats Strength and Skill... so it is really powerful if you level up these stats together... and the move set is variable enough to kill any type of enemies.

I can't say anything bad about LHB.

But Tonitrus is a beast if you choose to level up Strength and Skill and Arcane... it is freaking the damage that this weapon do after the charger (L1).

And Chikage with  Strength and Skil and Bloodtinger is the best damage output weapon in the game in the second form but you lose health for each hit.

Now if you guys wants to play the game in the right way... forget the weapon... just learn to stun/parry with the guns and you deal damage only with Visceral... there is no better way to kill any boss in the game.

Just remember some bosses are easy to parry and others not so much... the last boss is super easy to parry lol... he can't even touch you.

ethomaz said:

Anfebious said:

It scales with B in two stats Strength and Skill... so it is really powerful if you level up these stats together... and the move set is variable enough to kill any type of enemies.

I can't say anything bad about LHB.

But Tonitrus is a beast if you choose to level up Strength and Skill and Arcane... it is freaking the damage that this weapon do after the charger (L1).

And Chikage with  Strength and Skil and Bloodtinger is the best damage output weapon in the game in the second form but you lose health for each hit.

It also scales with Arcane and another one if I'm not mistaken.

I liked the Tonitrius but it's too small for me to use. I need big, lenghty weapons to feel like I do real damage.

Yeah the chikage has the HP loss problem but there are a couple of ways to counter it. There are some gems that restore your health over time. Maybe with enough of those you can offset it's weakness.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Anfebious said:

It also scales with Arcane and another one if I'm not mistaken.

I liked the Tonitrius but it's too small for me to use. I need big, lenghty weapons to feel like I do real damage.

Yeah the chikage has the HP loss problem but there are a couple of ways to counter it. There are some gems that restore your health over time. Maybe with enough of those you can offset it's weakness.

It scales with Arcane if you use a Fire or Bolt gen but you will loose the Strength and Skill scale... it is really a versatle weapon that you can change to Fire / Bolt damage.

The biggest downside of Tonitrius is the low durability... it breaks really fast so some guys have two (one for back up).

The restore health gen are slower than what Chikage drain but it helps ;)

DerNebel said:

I can fully understand your points regardging Logarius and Ebrietas, especially the second one is still giving me trouble and I'm on NG+5 and got the Platinum trophy, as for the Nightmare of Mensis part: Just keep running, run to the castle, run past the spiders, run past the hunter, in that dark room run down the stairs and then look right, you should see a body with an item on it, next to that is a way that leads to a lift that takes you down to a new lantern. aMaybe equip a frenzy rune or the crowfeather set if you're taking too much frenzy damage.

Hmmm, so I was literally almost at the 'lift' area, once I pass the hunter?  

Also, how do you equip runes?  Never figured that one out.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Torillian said:
For the Daughter of the Cosmos I personally used the Blade of Mercy in dual blade mode and stuck by her back tendrils without locking on. As she turned to try and whack me I'd roll along with her and do an attack, and keep repeating that process until I was nearly out of stamina before I backed off. After that I'd just wait for a chance to get in again. Made the same strategy work with a kirkhammer for my friend so I think it's pretty applicable regardless of your weapon choice.

Only thing of note for the martyr is that once he starts doing that blade storm attack with hundreds of swords floating in the air you can make it stop by attacking the sword he stuck in the ground.

Didn't have too much trouble with the nightmare personally, just stick by the rocks and slowly work your way towards the door. I'd suggest killing the spiders but they won't follow you too far into the next room if you want to simply avoid them. After that you have too kill the hunter with the holy blade and you're home free iirc.

I tried that.  for some reason it's not working for me.  I have the Blade of Mercy, and it's pumped up to level 7 or 8...but it does like NO damage to her. 

I also know about the blade storm.  Made him marginally easier once that was evident.  Still hard as hell to avoid his skulls and his attacks when he dashes at you. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
DerNebel said:

I can fully understand your points regardging Logarius and Ebrietas, especially the second one is still giving me trouble and I'm on NG+5 and got the Platinum trophy, as for the Nightmare of Mensis part: Just keep running, run to the castle, run past the spiders, run past the hunter, in that dark room run down the stairs and then look right, you should see a body with an item on it, next to that is a way that leads to a lift that takes you down to a new lantern. aMaybe equip a frenzy rune or the crowfeather set if you're taking too much frenzy damage.

Yeah, you were really close.

After you beat the witch of hemwick you find the rune equipment tool (no idea how it's called) in the room behind here boss room, once you have that you can to the big altar in the back of the house in hunters dream, there you can equip runes.

DerNebel said:
Runa216 said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, you were really close.

After you beat the witch of hemwick you find the rune equipment tool (no idea how it's called) in the room behind here boss room, once you have that you can to the big altar in the back of the house in hunters dream, there you can equip runes.

well shit, now I gotta go figure that out!

also, as an aside:  is there a level cap in this game?  I'm at level 80 something, so as far as I thought, I wouldn't be getting many more levels.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX