By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

Runa216 said:
Bah. I think I really have hit a block in this game. I'm right at the end, and have three threads to complete:

1 - Martyr Longarius - I can't figure out for the life of me how to avoid his attacks, though he's the one I'm closest to conquering. Ah well, whatever the case, I just don't feel I'm making any progress.

2 - Daughter of the Cosmos - For the life of me I can't avoid his attacks and he hits like a tank. I Can't even get to mode 2 anymore, once I do (have twice), she instakills me with her laser things. I just Find her so annoying!

3 - Nightmare of Mensis - Just unacceptably annoying. That stupid enemy in the far off distance doing the frenzy thing, which does like 80% damage every time and I can't avoid it, not to mention the incredibly obnoxious enemies. I try just running past, but then the spiders attack me, then I avoid them, too because I can't kill them, then after that the two hunters...and I just can't get past that even with me just running.

Point is, I think I'm done. It stopped being fun when I hit all three of these roadblocks that I can't overcmome. 99% of the game seems to revolve around the idea that if you are smart, take your time, memorize the enemies and learn from your mistakes, you will get better, and you will overcome.

Now it's nothing but frustration and I just don't see myself winning out over these enemies. it got stupid hard, and considerably more cheap, therefore not fun anymore. A Shame, too, because in the matter of an hour, I went from absolutely loving this game to flat-out hating it. Am I missing something here? Something that would make things easier? Something that would make the game less annoying and more fair? or do I just suck?

Those 2 bosses you talk about are entirely optional. As for the Nightmare of Mensis part... did you know you can avoid the frenzy by staying away from the light? You just have to get near a rock. Practice running and moving the camera at the same time and you will get better at avoiding enemies. I generally use my right index finger to control the camera (it sounds hard but it isn't once you practice it).

If you still want to beat those two bosses:

For Martyr Logarius: I had trouble with this one too, I just went and used the charge attack of Ludwig's Holy Blade. I got lucky and didn't die on this one, that's all I can tell you.

Eberieta: Her attack patterns are completely random, sometimes she won't use certain attacks in the fight at all. Just make sure you use a strong weapon (like Ludwig's Holy Blade, seriously that weapon is very fucking good) and learn how to avoid her attacks.

It all boils down to that, use the most powerful weapon you can and try to avoid the enemies attack. You don't have magic in this game so you can't take the "easy route" just practice and get better. Also drink some tea, it will make you feel soo good.

If you are still having trouble stop playing and give up.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

Those 2 bosses you talk about are entirely optional. As for the Nightmare of Mensis part... did you know you can avoid the frenzy by staying away from the light? You just have to get near a rock. Practice running and moving the camera at the same time and you will get better at avoiding enemies. I generally use my right index finger to control the camera (it sounds hard but it isn't once you practice it).

If you still want to beat those two bosses:

For Martyr Logarius: I had trouble with this one too, I just went and used the charge attack of Ludwig's Holy Blade. I got lucky and didn't die on this one, that's all I can tell you.

Eberieta: Her attack patterns are completely random, sometimes she won't use certain attacks in the fight at all. Just make sure you use a strong weapon (like Ludwig's Holy Blade, seriously that weapon is very fucking good) and learn how to avoid her attacks.

It all boils down to that, use the most powerful weapon you can and try to avoid the enemies attack. You don't have magic in this game so you can't take the "easy route" just practice and get better. Also drink some tea, it will make you feel soo good.

If you are still having trouble stop playing and give up.

I really wouldn't say that it comes down to using the most powerful weapon, I've been systematically avoiding Ludwig's Holy Blade for example, it's more about using the weapon that you're most comfortable with, I've beaten Logarius and Ebrietas with the BoM, Logarius Wheel and the Burial Blade, though I will admit that I used the Cannon for support during my Logarius Wheel and Burial Blade fights against Ebrietas.

@Runa216 don't be afraid to invite someone into your game to help. It can be super helpful. One person distracts the boss while the other attacks. Also, the tea.

For the Daughter of the Cosmos I personally used the Blade of Mercy in dual blade mode and stuck by her back tendrils without locking on. As she turned to try and whack me I'd roll along with her and do an attack, and keep repeating that process until I was nearly out of stamina before I backed off. After that I'd just wait for a chance to get in again. Made the same strategy work with a kirkhammer for my friend so I think it's pretty applicable regardless of your weapon choice.

Only thing of note for the martyr is that once he starts doing that blade storm attack with hundreds of swords floating in the air you can make it stop by attacking the sword he stuck in the ground.

Didn't have too much trouble with the nightmare personally, just stick by the rocks and slowly work your way towards the door. I'd suggest killing the spiders but they won't follow you too far into the next room if you want to simply avoid them. After that you have too kill the hunter with the holy blade and you're home free iirc.

For Ebriatas, just equip a +9 Blades of Mercy, two blades form, pop a beast pellet, get behind her in between the two tentical things and just go to town. She quickly kicks the bucket.

Around the Network

I just used the axe, its the strongest weapon in the game. Strong and has the highest range, and the charge attack hits 3 times

Ruler said:
I just used the axe, its the strongest weapon in the game. Strong and has the highest range

It is not the strongest and neither the highest range but it is pretty good...

Edit - I saw your update ;) the charge attacke swing two times... so two hits.

Groundking said:
For Ebriatas, just equip a +9 Blades of Mercy, two blades form, pop a beast pellet, get behind her in between the two tentical things and just go to town. She quickly kicks the bucket.

Oh if only was remotely as easy as you're making it out to be. :D

ethomaz said:
Ruler said:
I just used the axe, its the strongest weapon in the game. Strong and has the highest range

It is not the strongest and neither the highest range but it is pretty good...

Edit - I saw your update ;) the charge attacke swing two times... so two hits.

Its 3 because 1 at the back i think

BTW the strongest weapon in the game for Strength (50 in that stat) only build is Kirkhammer.

But Holy Blade beast any other weapon for a Strength + Skill build (50 in both stats).

And finally Tonitrus is the strongest weapon in the game after charged with Strength + Skill + Arcane (if you have level enough to reach 50 with all stats).

Not forgeting Chikage deal more damage than any other weapon in the game after made a Strength + Skill + Bloodtinge build (50 in all).

You need to choose what build you will do...

The Hunter Axe +10 works with Strength (B) + Skill (D)... so you will have good boost from 50 Strength but a small boost from 50 Skill... of couse to max it you will need 50 in both... to be fair it is really a weak weapon compared with others that get better boost with two or three stats.