By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the deal with people being jerks online?

It's harder to get your point across. Communication over the internet is less effective...

Also because it's easier to get away with being impolite or outright rude. You can't really be reached.

Around the Network

I was planning on my next video being a mix of wins and losses from online play, but I think instead, the video will be nothing but me losing every single fight, while I make my point.

People being a-holes online are just trying to give meaning to their existence and trying to find a meaning of self worth by any means possible

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Is this the part where I ironically post "git gud"?

But yeah, humans are dicks, and it sucks talking to them. If it makes you feel any better, the other guy has to get his rocks off by taunting strangers online about a video game he's clearly devoted a life of time to, so you've already beaten him at everything else in life.

ReimTime said:

Actually most of them are just immature dicks, but there are some instances when the lack of human presence effects the communication. Communication online through either text or voice separates the individual from the visual and physical consequences. ~90% of human communication is non-verbal, and social media/online gaming disconnects us from that. This leads to keyboard warriors, raging little faggots, and kids portraying the wrong kind of social behavior because of the lack of physical presence. In person they would not display that behavior. They feel tough behind a screen.

Good on you for having such a good attitude about it! I know many people who would quit the game all together or take their rage out on the opposing player. If I get a chance, I may post all the pictures I have taken of PSN messages from salty 12 year olds. Seriously I have about 50 from playing COD4/MW#/TLOU MP

Dude, easy on the F bomb. Gay people are generally easy going as a demographic. Raging little gamers might be more appropriate seeing as I've never seen such a group of opinionated, obsessive people in my life and technically that's what they are. Raging little gamers. 

Around the Network

The deal is, you earn jerk points for how much of a jerk you are, and when you earn enough jerk points you get a free coffee, or frappaccino, from Starbucks. Of course the nature of the deal might vary from country to country.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

90% of people are stupid.

And people like to act tough and cool online because there is no real consequence for behaving dumb. (to bad there is no natural selection and when you do something really dumb your internet access is gone forever a kinda rogue like internet access. Wwould be pretty cool, well or at least some sort of IQ/ AGE restriction.)

We need more restrictions anyway like "are you stupid? Are you a drone which is part of the swarm that lacks the ability to come to own conclusions? Of yes then you are not allowed to procreate"

Just watch the movie Idiocracy.

Buy a wii U/3ds and use miiverse and play mk8 online. Otherwise wait for ip tagging to go mainstream where the IP address of the person who posts auto shows on all online communication and ip addresses will require your name address and profile. The raging masses will then quiten Down. 

In brief, give a weakling who just happens to be a dbag a massive wall to hide behind and you'll never hear the end of his loudspeakers. The nice weaklings and the rest aren't heard because they don't want to be. Everyone else is just like you. So yeah, humans are fine. You're just hearing the loud sissy dbag who is using his only opportunity to be "strong". Probably was bullied or is being bullied in real life and is using this to cope.

Shut up you idiot, people aren't jerks online. It's creatures like you that ruin everything.

Anyway, jokes aside, I think people just find it easier to express their primitive feelings online for whatever reasons. Maybe it's the anynomity, or maybe internet as a medium is just easier somehow.

You're asking us? We don't even accept when another person bought a console we don't like.. Heck we hate some games while never played them.. We laugh if there is a 1 frame difference between muliplat versions.. But you still wanted to ask us this question?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)