By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the deal with people being jerks online?

People who are jerks seem to think they're stronger than the people they insult.

Do your best to ignore any insults and remember that these people generally have no idea what they're talking about.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I really hate that kind of people online, the ones with a bigger-than-life ego who claim they can beat anyone with a character, and those who moan that whoever uses a certain character is a noob. I hate the ones that message you after losing or winning a match with a hate message. To me, this kind of people puts me off the zone and it makes me care more about winning. One must not let these sad people get to one.

Ultrashroomz said:
People who are jerks seem to think they're stronger than the people they insult.

Do your best to ignore any insults and remember that these people generally have no idea what they're talking about.

I told him I was happy for the two wins I had, and I offered to give him the HD 60 frames per second footage of the matches, even after all that crap he said.  But, a lot of the fights could have gone either way, though.  But, they obviously didn't.

It's them being anonymous really, and the fact that most people are naturally assholes. Even acts of kindness in real life is just people being selfish and either wanting people to think good of them or not look like an asshole. Doesn't apply to everyone but most of them.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
It's them being anonymous really, and the fact that most people are naturally assholes. Even acts of kindness in real life is just people being selfish and either wanting people to think good of them or not look like an asshole. Doesn't apply to everyone but most of them.

I don't buy that.

Around the Network

Some people are just like that sadly. No sense of good sportsmanship. It`s kinda sad.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Burning Typhoon said:
kinisking said:

I don't buy that.

Call me cynical but it's the truth for most people I've met. And as I said earlier, doesn't apply to everyone but most of them 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

pbroy said:
People that need to put other people down to feel better about themselves. Maybe small penis. Just laugh and think about them having a small penis.

what if they are girls? 

kinisking said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I don't buy that.

Call me cynical but it's the truth for most people I've met. And as I said earlier, doesn't apply to everyone but most of them 

Oh.  Well, yeah, it does apply to most of them. I guess I missed that little bit.

Skullwaker said:
Everyone online is an asshole. Everyone. It's better to just not give them the satisfaction of being upset.

Everyone? No