By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Nintendo IPs can we expect on Mobile?

Hard enough?

White Knight Harder OP. 10 52.63%

Yes. 9 47.37%

Total:19

I could see a Pikmin game.

And while some may not like it, Star Fox with its on-rails mechanics could also work on mobile.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Pokemon Snap... give it to me.... need.. to.. have... it..

O_O

And now Im set up for dissapointment in this mobile venture of Nintendo's

f-zero

PenguinZ said:
I agree with the games you listed.... I'll disagree with the Animal Crossing though. Animal Crossing is an example of a perfect IP to mobilize in some fashion.

Like I mentioned. AC has a lot of Assets involved to make a game. Also, New Leaf is still selling.

Clyde32 said:

Tomodachi Life - The assets issue comes up again. They won't have the amount of assets necessary to make this game at it's highest quality. 

I disagree on this. The assets are in no way comparable to Zelda and Mobile games have assets the level of Tomodachi. Tomodachi could be for two reasons very interesting for this partnership.

1) Bringing Miis to mobile platforms would be a nice integration of the Nintendo ecosystem into mobile. It would work on mobile devices and people would be more used to Miis and maybe more accepting to Nintendo-products.

2) As I read Dena makes money mostly with In-App purchases. Well, in Tomodachi Life you could sell endless amounts of clothing, food, items, songs and room decorations. Dena would swim in money - and Nintendo depending on how the contract is made.

EDIT: I see you don't see the quality but the numebr of assets as a problem. But In-app-purchases for most stuff would turn this argument completely around: nearly everything can be made available as purchase. That would make them much more money and they could add new items over time.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Probably what you mentioned. But I also want this to reappear:

fory77 said:
Pokemon and Nintendogs.

That might work pretty. It's already very touch based, and is a significantly less relevant IP on consoles than it was a few years back. They could probably get away with just releasing a refined version of Nintendogs + cats.

Expect games structured like Heartstone or Puzzles and Dragons. Don't expect them to just take the "casual" Nintendo games like Nintendogs or Brain Age, and copy paste them onto mobile devices.

And expect to see them using popular IP. They aren't going to use Tomodatchi, they're going to use Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. Expect new game mobile-influenced concepts using staple IP.

spemanig said:
Expect games structured like Heartstone or Puzzles and Dragons.

Pokemon TCG??

ktay95 said:

Pokemon TCG??

Perfect example. Exactly like those old Gameboy games. Slightly "hardcore," mobile experiences. A card game with RPG elements.