By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Nintendo IPs can we expect on Mobile?

Hard enough?

White Knight Harder OP. 10 52.63%

Yes. 9 47.37%

Total:19
ktay95 said:
spemanig said:
Expect games structured like Heartstone or Puzzles and Dragons.

Pokemon TCG??

That's already on mobile and PC actually.

I'm curious how an Animal Crossing game will work on smart phones that wouldn't discourage people from buying a Nintendo system version of it since the whole game can run just fine on smartphones... 

Edit: Nevermind, they're only making spin off games. I wonder if an Animal Crossing spin off will make people anticipate a real Animal Crossing will be on smartphones though.

Around the Network

i think all major IPs. But with completly different gameplay.
pokemon shuffle, donkey kong run, ruppie crush, angry smash bros, mario jump, kirby with drawing, splatoon paint, etc.

I think they want to make them known by people.
Making it, they will make people look at home console games.

Most people dont know splatoon at all. If they make a splatoon painting game, it become popular, with the character and art of the wii U game, more people would want to play the wii U game.

t3mporary_126 said:
ktay95 said:

Pokemon TCG??

That's already on mobile and PC actually.

I'm curious how an Animal Crossing game will work on smart phones that wouldn't discourage people from buying a Nintendo system version of it since the whole game can run just fine on smartphones...

I know but he mentioned Hearthstone instead of Pokemon TCG which makes more sense for Nintendo speak.

And yeah Animal Crossing would take away from their handheld version which means they wont do it which sucks because it would be freaking awesome.

Would also love Mario Party-esque mini games on mobile.

DAXFM said:
f-zero

Lol.  I would rather gouge my eyes out than try and control an F-Zero game with tilt or touch screen controls.

Also, it is worth noting the specifically said new games featuring their IP and strictly said the console experiences won't come to mobile.  Which to me suggests nearly 100% new, simple games using mascots and other quirks.  Like the new Puzzles and Dragons Mario crossover.  Or Pokemon Trozei, or stuff of that nature.  I also expect Nintendo will at least try for the premium approach of upfront pay rather than freemium.  And given united accounts across all platforms, I fully expect customer loyalty programs that will allow you to earn discounts for the mobile games via console purchases and vice versa.

Animal Crossing social network F2P:

• communication Nintendo style (child safe)
  • making and selling of patterns between users (Nintendo takes a fee)
  • buying and selling of items and furniture 
  • making and selling your own Totakeke music, 
  • big get-togethers with all your friends on holidays and special weekdays (CokaCola-Thursday)
  • contests with exclusive prizes,
  • and a lot more...

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
DAXFM said:
f-zero

Lol.  I would rather gouge my eyes out than try and control an F-Zero game with tilt or touch screen controls.

Connect a conroller then, its how I play a lot of games on my phone

The complete backlog of Mario Part mini-games, ported to touch and with online play. $1 for each mini-game.
The complete backlog of Wario Ware micro-games, ported to touch and with online play. $1 for 10 micro-games.

Major IP spinoffs, mainly...

I see small games like Electroplankton or Planet Puzzle League making it to mobile

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Pushmo, Nintendogs, Brain Age.. Basically, the more casual Ninty franchises!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

ktay95 said:
Nuvendil said:

Connect a conroller then, its how I play a lot of games on my phone

While that is an option, if Nintendo is wanting to have broad appeal with their mobile offerings - which I assume thwy do - making a game that is only enjoyable if you have a controller to plug in would be ill advised.  Most people don't have or want a controller to plug into their phone; that defeats the purpose in most people's eyes :P