By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Nintendo IPs can we expect on Mobile?

Hard enough?

White Knight Harder OP. 10 52.63%

Yes. 9 47.37%

Total:19
Captain_Yuri said:

Its hardly failing... the 3ds outsold the vita 5:1 and will be 6:1 by the end of the year... the wiiu was a failure but that doesn't mean it should be the end of the world

Congrats you outsold the Vita =P

Still lagging well behind all of their previous handhelds and they hade 3 straight years of losses during the 3DS/WiiU's time. If they cant find a way to boost sales or maxamise profits then their constant decline will lead to them being forced out of hardware manufacturing.

Around the Network

Wario Ware for Sure. the small bite sized games are perfect for mobile. Birds and Beans could easily become the next ios hit!

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

ktay95 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Its hardly failing... the 3ds outsold the vita 5:1 and will be 6:1 by the end of the year... the wiiu was a failure but that doesn't mean it should be the end of the world

Still lagging well behind all of their previous handhelds and they hade 3 straight years of losses during the 3DS/WiiU's time. If they cant find a way to boost sales or maxamise profits then their constant decline will lead to them being forced out of hardware manufacturing.

See, you may joke at the sitution but the reality of the sitution is that Sony failed where Nintendo succeeded. Yes, their handheld is lagging behind the DS by a lot but mobile is a very hard thing to compete against... Sony failed against it totally cause the vita's sales are laughable at best where as Nintendo, while not managing to outsell its predecessor or come close, still managed to sell very well. Thats like saying that the ps3 is a failure because it couldn't live up to the ps2 and Sony should go out of their hardware business cause the ps3 wasn't profitable at all while selling no where close to the ps2. Heck, it even lost to the 360

Nintendo's next handheld may decline but unlike Sony, Nintendo knows how to make a successful handheld that has games that people actually want hence why the Vita failed. It will still find its audience and I am sure it will still sell a lot cause the 3ds had its own sets of issues like being overly priced during launch with little performance. They just need to not repeat those mistakes again and continue selling games that people want and their next handheld will be a success. Not DS level of success but certainly not a vita level of failure

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I expect Pokemon Shuffle type game and lots of mini games,no full fledged games

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Animal crossing is practically tailor made for mobile, they could buy a former soviet block country with the money they'd make on a cheap, microtransactions-out-the-ass, "free" mobile version of animal crossing. There'd be stories on the news about how some dumb bitch who unwittingly spent $10,000 on bell packs and kids who run up their parents' credit card bills on that crap.

Around the Network

I won't be surprised to see a lot of minigames

Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing some fire emblem on smartphones. It is one ip that could transition very well!

ktay95 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well actually launches aligned, 3DS is outpacing the original Gameboy by a pretty healthy margin

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a small companion game for each major retail release a few weeks before it launches, could be a good way to advertise and raise awareness of their big games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.