By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why XB1 MAY retake NPD crown in April. Mods lock thread

Will the XB1 win April NPD

Yes 9 5.88%

No 138 90.20%

Neck and Neck, to close to call 6 3.92%

Total:153
vivster said:
super6646 said:

First off, I've heard lots of people say that the PS4 is winning cause it has more "value". But I'd like to speak for once. For the whole year so far, Microsoft hasn't pushed out a system seller. Sony has Bloodborne and The order. As for January, the XB1 was the same price for 1/2 the month. But for April, the XB1 has a cheaper price, and both the PS4 and XB1 have the same in terms of software. If the PS4 still wins, I wave the white flag for the year excluding the holiday season. The PS4 has almost nothing, while the XB1 has a mammoth in terms of exclusive software. Plus, if a 299 price cut happens for the XB1, it could hit Sony very hard. If they still lose after that, well then I wave the white flag, and the PS4 wins the US battle. But until then, I play a wait and see game, not a game of fanboyism. Bye.

Good one^^

You really think MS is gonna drop the price in a month as insignificant as April?

Glad I wasn't the only one who got a chuckle out of "speak for once".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Mitch2129 said:
Considering that Bloodborne and Mlb 15 release right at the end of March i'm pretty sure that the sales increase from those games would flood into April no? or are you implying that everyone interested in those games are going to buy consoles right when they release and then completely stop when April starts?

The thing is without games (January) Sony still won, so I'm not sure why they seem to think April will suddenly turn to XBO. With games coming out on PS4 and not a lot to mention in terms of AAA coming out on XBO, I dont see how they can win unless something big we dont know about is releasing in april (which its not).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

"The PS4 has almost nothing, while the XB1 has a mammoth in terms of exclusive software."

Cringe, not this again. So you're saying that the X1 higher base sales than PS4 in the U.S.? I don't think that's true, and Bloodborne should carry a few 10 thousand units extra in April.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

I doubt it.

Madword said:
Mitch2129 said:
Considering that Bloodborne and Mlb 15 release right at the end of March i'm pretty sure that the sales increase from those games would flood into April no? or are you implying that everyone interested in those games are going to buy consoles right when they release and then completely stop when April starts?

The thing is without games (January) Sony still won, so I'm not sure why they seem to think April will suddenly turn to XBO. With games coming out on PS4 and not a lot to mention in terms of AAA coming out on XBO, I dont see how they can win unless something big we dont know about is releasing in april (which its not).

Yeah basically they aren't getting any big exclusives in April, they cancel eachother out and are mostly smaller niche games Ps4: Shovel Knight and Tropico 5. Xbox One: State of Decay and Goat Simulator. Only bigger Games releasing in April are Dark Souls II and Mortal Combat X which if i recall correctly are more popular on Playstation than they are on Xbox.

Edit: Shovel Knight isn't exclusive, just only releases on ps4 in April and later on Xbox

Around the Network

"The PS4 has almost nothing, while the XB1 has a mammoth in terms of exclusive software"

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Qwark said:
Jep Persona 5, Disgea, Tearaway Unfolded (since barely anyone played the original) until dawn, Ratchet and Clank are nothing.

I know your being sarcastic... but that hurt a little still.

Too many dude-bros only think Halo games count.

Sad they wont ever even consider sitting down and playing something like a persona game, their missing out on a great experiance.

Yeeaahh.... no. All I see is a bunch of gibberish in the OP. The XB1 was still cheaper than the PS4 in January even when its price temporarily went up because a lot of 3rd parties sold XB1's below $399. It is pointless for MS to cut the price by another $50 during a month the company cares little about and no, the XB1 is not a mammoth in terms of exclusives.

Bloodborne comes out during the last week of this month and appears to fare way better than The Order in terms of criticism & longevity. MLB 15: The Show and Toukiden Kiwami comes out on the 31st. Mortal Kombat X and Dark Souls II are going to sell significantly more on the PS4 than on the XB1.

super6646 said:
Qwark said:
Jep Persona 5, Disgea, Tearaway Unfolded (since barely anyone played the original) until dawn, Ratchet and Clank are nothing.

Never heard of any of those excluding Ratchet and Clank and maybe Until Dawn. So no these are not "major" (system sellers or something around that line).

On the very next page.... I see this, just as I thought I would.

Man your missing out, go try a persona game.

Lock this thread, I failed Xbox....