By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why XB1 MAY retake NPD crown in April. Mods lock thread

Will the XB1 win April NPD

Yes 9 5.88%

No 138 90.20%

Neck and Neck, to close to call 6 3.92%

Total:153
super6646 said:
Qwark said:
Jep Persona 5, Disgea, Tearaway Unfolded (since barely anyone played the original) until dawn, Ratchet and Clank are nothing.

Never heard of any of those excluding Ratchet and Clank and maybe Until Dawn. So no these are not "major" (system sellers or something around that line).

You think that the continuation of a series already on the console in both iterations (Forza) is a system seller?  Don't see that being very likely.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
super6646 said:

Never heard of any of those excluding Ratchet and Clank and maybe Until Dawn. So no these are not "major" (system sellers or something around that line).

You think that the continuation of a series already on the console in both iterations (Forza) is a system seller?  Don't see that being very likely.

I very much doubt Fable Legends a f2p game also on pc will be a system seller either. Halo 5 and Tombraider will be.

When has a f2p game ever sold systems....

Sharpryno said:
Qwark said:
Jep Persona 5, Disgea, Tearaway Unfolded (since barely anyone played the original) until dawn, Ratchet and Clank are nothing.

In the US? none of those will really push console sales.  

Even not until dawn if an rpg horror flick should sell somewhere it's over there. Ratchet and Clank will also do something, neither of those are heavy hitters.

But the question is does the PS4 even need games  to sell, since it has not any exclusive game which qualifies as heavy meanwhile MS already released 2 Forza games. I don't think it does since everyone buys MGS on PS4 and let's nit forget some marketing deals Sony made recently and on the current momentum it will probably win everything till September. To win October again, with a surprise announcement.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The Order is retroactively a system seller now? Bloodborne is a system seller? That has not been the opinions of most non-Sony fans for the past few months. What changed?

They have the same software in April, so what? Don't see why X1 would suddenly become more popular for that simple reason, people buy consoles generally for multiple games.

And the whole "if MS reduces the price again, Sony are in a real bad place" is back again. They have sold over 20 million consoles already. If MS reduced the price by another $50, which isn't happening anytime soon, Sony are not going to lose much sleep. They are selling plenty of units at a profit already and are not going to care if MS gains a few percent back in one country for a while.

I believe PS4 will win all NPD till Oct 2015 included. Then MS will play all their cards in Nov and Dec to win the NPD.
And again, again, till the end of this Generation, when PS4 will have sold 120M untits Worldwide, and X1 70M.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

lol no.

Qwark said:

But the question is does the PS4 even need games  to sell.

To beat the XBO in the US this holiday season... yes. To win globally? nah they don't have to do a thing.

Intrinsic said:
so basically your theory is
- XB1 lost January cause for 10 days its price technically went back up to $399
- lost February cause PS4 had The Order
- will lose March because PS4 has Bloodborne
- but will win April cause then they both are expecting no major releases and the PS4 is more expensive....

OK, looking forward to April!!!

Then tell me how it'll win?

Barkley said:
Torillian said:

I very much doubt Fable Legends a f2p game also on pc will be a system seller either. Halo 5 and Tombraider will be.

When has a f2p game ever sold systems....

I said major exclusives, not system sellers. Fable and Forza are not those things.

XBO can outsell PS4 only during the holidays. Maybe with Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 will win a normal month, but by a small margin.