By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why XB1 MAY retake NPD crown in April. Mods lock thread

Will the XB1 win April NPD

Yes 9 5.88%

No 138 90.20%

Neck and Neck, to close to call 6 3.92%

Total:153

Yes it'll retake the #2 crown after being #3 in February

Around the Network
super6646 said:
Intrinsic said:
so basically your theory is
- XB1 lost January cause for 10 days its price technically went back up to $399
- lost February cause PS4 had The Order
- will lose March because PS4 has Bloodborne
- but will win April cause then they both are expecting no major releases and the PS4 is more expensive....

OK, looking forward to April!!!

Then tell me how it'll win?

Easy even in the US it will win based on momentum. And being the more popular consoleprice, value and sales don't always go hand in hand.

Right Ninty you learned that the hard way this gen (just kidding) 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

OP, you wanna make a bet?

Turkish said:

"As for January, the XB1 was a higher price for 1/2 the month"

Wat. The Xbone has been cheaper than PS4 since november right?

"The PS4 has almost nothing, while the XB1 has a mammoth in terms of exclusive software"

Uh what are these exclusves?

He's talking about Halo 5 for the holidays. Problem is, he's being too quick to assume that Sony will have absolutely nothing for exclusive software. The year is still young, and there's still plenty of time to announce something, probably at E3, that's gonna release this holiday. Contrary to what people will try to claim, Sony has been extremely smart with their timing on game releases thus far. I sincerely doubt they're gonna pretend the holiday's are NOT the most important time of year for hardware sales. I guarentee they have something, if not several things, to continue giving PS4 that competitive edge. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

You haven't explained why it would take the crown in April?

Around the Network
super6646 said:
Sharpryno said:
Qwark said:
Jep Persona 5, Disgea, Tearaway Unfolded (since barely anyone played the original) until dawn, Ratchet and Clank are nothing.

In the US? none of those will really push console sales.  

I've only heard of Rachet and Clank, thus giving me the feeling most of those are going to be useless to the average consumer.

For starters multiplat titles can push hardware sales just as much as exclusives  and this year is packed with over a dozen great Multiplats. Over half of which run and look better on PS4. Secondy just because you haven't heard of said games does not mean there is no market for them. I never heard of angry birds until I read an article about how it had 1 billion downloads. It's just an example relax. Thirdly The PS4 install base alone is enough for any knowledgable gamer to decide if it's worth buying. People in general seem to go for the more popular gadgets than the less. Samsung Galaxy phones are way better than Iphone yet look at how many buy Iphones over galaxys.

Then the whole price drop thing. I really don't see MS dropping the price to 300 this year and Sony will not drop the PS4 price at all until sales slow down a lot.

super6646 said:

First off, I've heard lots of people say that the PS4 is winning cause it has more "value". But I'd like to speak for once. For the whole year so far, Microsoft hasn't pushed out a system seller. Sony has Bloodborne and The order. As for January, the XB1 was the same price for 1/2 the month. But for April, the XB1 has a cheaper price, and both the PS4 and XB1 have the same in terms of software. If the PS4 still wins, I wave the white flag for the year excluding the holiday season. The PS4 has almost nothing, while the XB1 has a mammoth in terms of exclusive software. Plus, if a 299 price cut happens for the XB1, it could hit Sony very hard. If they still lose after that, well then I wave the white flag, and the PS4 wins the US battle. But until then, I play a wait and see game, not a game of fanboyism. Bye.

Good one^^

You really think MS is gonna drop the price in a month as insignificant as April?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This thread should be deliciously amusing come April and the fallout even more so when the NPD comes out :P

There's no reason to believe Xbox will win April. Bloodborne comes out at the very end of March; the residual effect alone will maintain their increased momentum enough to win April.

vivster said:
super6646 said:

First off, I've heard lots of people say that the PS4 is winning cause it has more "value". But I'd like to speak for once. For the whole year so far, Microsoft hasn't pushed out a system seller. Sony has Bloodborne and The order. As for January, the XB1 was the same price for 1/2 the month. But for April, the XB1 has a cheaper price, and both the PS4 and XB1 have the same in terms of software. If the PS4 still wins, I wave the white flag for the year excluding the holiday season. The PS4 has almost nothing, while the XB1 has a mammoth in terms of exclusive software. Plus, if a 299 price cut happens for the XB1, it could hit Sony very hard. If they still lose after that, well then I wave the white flag, and the PS4 wins the US battle. But until then, I play a wait and see game, not a game of fanboyism. Bye.

Good one^^

You really think MS is gonna drop the price in a month as insignificant as April?

About to say the same thing. He reminds me of toastboy. He never stop with his anti sony/ pro MS propoganda. Any way there wiil be no win for X1 until they do something drastic.

Considering that Bloodborne and Mlb 15 release right at the end of March i'm pretty sure that the sales increase from those games would flood into April no? or are you implying that everyone interested in those games are going to buy consoles right when they release and then completely stop when April starts?