By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we have a proper 3D Mario game this gen?

I consider 3D World to be a proper 3D Mario, but I still think we might get a new 3D Mario on the WiiU!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Not for Wii U. The next 3D Mario will be on next Nintendo hardware.

Hopefully summer 2016... Mario 3d world was lazy... The stages were structured like minecraft maps, blocky and lego-like... No dynamic maps... Just lego-ish.. I returned the game a week and a half after i finished it

Doubt it but I wouldn't be surprised either way

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

spemanig said:
Materia-Blade said:

we already have one.

No, we don't.

And to the OP, no, we won't.

Sadly, you're probably right :(

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:

we already have one.

We dont. 3d World has a timer, it has a fixed camera angle it does not have exploration as much as 64, sunshine galaxy had. 

It has nowhere near the atmosphere of a real 3d mario.  Its putting you under pressure because of the time limit. It does not want you to take your time and enjoy the world and at the same time the timer is not a challenging factor at all because you have way to much time for way to small levels. The timer is only there to annoy you and to prevent you from diving into that world and forgetting about the real one.

3d world is a proper 2d style mario that is using polygonal characters and added 3d movement. It has nothing to do with 64 or galaxy at all. Remove the timer and give the player different camera angles including some kind of firstperson/shoulder cam so he can look around and it would be much closer to beeing a real 3d mario game yet it would still not be one

3d world is the logical evolution of 2d mario and it can take nsmb's place imo. Nsmb is the worst type of mario platformer ever.

I dunno. Mario 3D World is probably the most pure 3D Mario game.

It's a Mario game with 3D platforming.

Whereas the previous Mario 3D games were more like 3D platformers that just happened to have Mario in them.

Maybe Nintendo should just make a new franchise character and make a 3D platformer around them. I do love the Mario 64 formula, but Sunshine was really that formula pushed too far. It didn't feel like a Mario game anymore, it just felt like some generic 3D platformer that had Mario pasted into it.

Everyboy is always downgrading 3D World just because is not like Mario 64... 3D world is a 3D Mario with a fuc*ing 93 on metacritic. And the vast majority of the people who plays it, loves it. Is a 3d Mario, a mix between the older ones, like Mario World, and the new ones, like Galaxy, this is not an adventure/platformer like 64 or Sunshine, this is a pure platformer Mario, one on 3D, that´s all.  And is a damn good Mix, People said the same shit about Galaxy when was released... oohh this not an open world... ohhh this is not Mario 64. 

Now is widely considered as the best 3D Mario ever made.

I think we will see another 3D Mario on 3DS. That doesn't mean we won't see another one on the Wii U, but what others have said makes sense: next 3D Mario should be saved for the launch of the Nextendo.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Hopefully not a new one. Save that for Nintendo Generation 8 (NG8) :p

I would like to see a Mario HD collection in 2016 though. Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1+2. All given the windwaker treatement.