By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we have a proper 3D Mario game this gen?

Do you think Wii U will have a true 3D Mario game;in line with Mario 64 or Galaxy? I liked 3D World but its not what I was expecting for a 3D Mario.Do you think we will see SMG 3?

I think we will see SMG 3 at E3 2015

Around the Network

No. Maybe Sunshine HD.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

we already have one.

No they are gonna launch their next console with a 3D Mario.

RealGamingExpert said:
No. Maybe Sunshine HD.

Please...

PLEASE

We have had enough Zelda remakes, it's time for a Mario remake!

Around the Network

Didn't EAD basically confirm a while back that they had already begun development on a new 3D Mario for Nintendo's next console?

Materia-Blade said:

we already have one.

From the OT: "Do you think Wii U will have a true 3D Mario game;in line with Mario 64 or Galaxy?"

3D World is technically a '3D Mario game', but it's very different from 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. It feels more like a 3D version of NSMB than a 'proper' 3D Mario game ('proper' is somewhat subjective, but we all know what's meant by it).

Materia-Blade said:

we already have one.

No, we don't.

And to the OP, no, we won't.

SJReiter said:
Didn't EAD basically confirm a while back that they had already begun development on a new 3D Mario for Nintendo's next console?

They confirmed they're working on a new 3D Mario, but they haven't said anything about what platform it will be on.

3D World is pretty damn good after the first 1/3 of the game, it basically is Mario Galaxy 2.5 from that point on, there's even friggin space themed levels.

That said, will the Wii U be getting another 3D Mario?

Nope.

That will be for the next handheld/Fusion, and it has to be. Nintendo has to bring their A-game for that launch, if the next launch goes badly for them (like the 3DS and Wii U did) ... it's going to get ugly for Nintendo.

Their stock price will go under $10 in that scenario, leaving them open to hostile take over bids, and Iwata will likely get himself fired.

The next launch *must* go very, very well for Nintendo or there will be hell to pay.

IMO Nintendo already has the next 3D Mario and Animal Crossing earmarked for the Fusion/HDS (whatever you want to call it) launch window. And they really don't have much of a choice in that matter either.