By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hope Retro Studios is working on...

FarleyMcFirefly said:
ExplodingBlock said:

Trust me, Other M was horrible. The reason people want only Retro to work on the next Metroid is because the prime games (especially the first one) were the pinnacle of the series

Everybody has different tastes. I personally loved Other M and do not understand all the hate it gets (probably because it wasn't Metroid Prime 4).

The controls were terrible. I live with someone who loves metroid and got the game, but the controls and difficulty made him just quit. 

Around the Network
Nem said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Everybody has different tastes. I personally loved Other M and do not understand all the hate it gets (probably because it wasn't Metroid Prime 4).

The controls were terrible. I live with someone who loves metroid and got the game, but the controls and difficulty made him just quit. 

I didn't have any problems with controls... Its really a subjective thing I guess, because Skyward Sword to me was ruined by the problems I had with the controls (that others praise). 

Anyways, back on topic.

Why can't somebody else do a solid Metroid game?

I hope that Retro is working on a project they are passionate about, and I do just hope it is a third DK installment.
People also keep saying that the Wii U has too many 2D platformers... Are you counting indie downloadable titles? Then probably. But there are only a handful of fully fledged games big enough to justify a retail release. 

1doesnotsimply

Retro Studios is extremely overrated, and the team that made Metroid Prime is long gone.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

There a zero chance for something like that, they almost certainly working on Metroid (gamepad is perfect for Metroid),
but it would be nice if wee see another Donkey Kong 3D game.

a 3rd person metroid would be saweeeet

Around the Network

I'd like to see them make a new action adventure like Zelda/Metroid, but different at the same time.

It's pretty much a given that Metroid will be revealed at E3 by Retro.

Jumpin said:
Retro Studios is extremely overrated, and the team that made Metroid Prime is long gone.

Seems like you got a problem with Retro Studios lol.

The team that made Crash Bandicoot is long gone, does that mean Naughty Dog is extremely overrated?

You know where an important part of the team that made the Prime games went? Armature Studios. And their games SUCK. They can't get better projects than Vita ports. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for the Vita and 3DS is the only original game they made and it's an extremely mediocre Metroidvania game.

Oh and btw, in 2012 Retro Studios hired artists of Uncharted 3 and Darksiders 2. Just because the team is different, doesn't mean they're bad. 

Had enough of Donkey Kong now. It's time for another Metroid FPA or Raven Blade.

snowdog said:
Had enough of Donkey Kong now. It's time for another Metroid FPA or Raven Blade.

Raven Blade sucked (according to Retro Studios), stop asking for it lol.