By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hope Retro Studios is working on...

I'm sure whatever they're working on will be great. But another 2D platformer is not going to expand the wii u audience at all. I'm totally in love with my Wii U, but Nintendo really need to diversify its library. I'd love an adventure game, a FPS or an action game from Retro, potentially in the form of a new IP. I really like platformers but I'd much rather have Metroid Prime over another DK.

Around the Network

No! Let's leave DK in the freezer for a while. Maybe forever.

How cruel would it be if Cranky Kong Country was a launch title for the New Wii U?

We need a proper 2D Metroid or a proper 3D Donkey Kong. I'm done with 3D metroid.

I am with OP.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

RealGamingExpert said:
I want a 3D DK game.

This. I wouldn't be mad at all if it was a 3D DK platformer.

Around the Network

They are probably working on it, but right now focusing on a Metroid for the Wii U and will release their next DK title as a launch title for the next Nintendo home console.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

IMO there have been quite a lot of platformers, particularly side scrolling games, I think the Wii U needs it's 1st person shooter of the generation, with a sci-fi setting, IMO Retro needs to make a new Metroid game.

TBH Retro have been making nothing but cartoony style games for the last 5-6 years, it's about time they did something else.
If it's not Metroid then they should be given the chance by Nintendo to make a new IP.

gatito said:
No! Let's leave DK in the freezer for a while. Maybe forever.

How cruel would it be if Cranky Kong Country was a launch title for the New Wii U?

Less cruel than Nintendo giving that horrible name to their next console

ExplodingBlock said:
No, we have had enough DK
It's time for Metroid

Whenever I read posts like these it always makes me want to hope that Retro doesn't work on a new Metroid. 

Seriously, have you ever considered that maybe they don't want to? They were given a choice of what game they wanted to work on next and they chose Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Why do some people act like Retro is the only one that can make a Metroid game. Nintendo can get any other studio they want to do it. (Before people reply with Metroid: Other M comments, I haven't played it so I can't comment on it).

People need to stop trying to force Metroid on Retro. I personally hope they're working on a new IP or anything other than Metroid.  (I mean if they WANT to work on Metroid then that's fine, but as long as it's what they want to work on and not just because everyone else wants them to).

Another DKC game by Retro would be fantastic. Tropical Freeze was pure magic and the reactions to a third game would be glorious.

But in all honesty I want Retro to do something new, either a new IP or another revival (Eternal Darkness 2, please).