By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fact: The Wii U will sell more than the GameCube (im back and its still a fact)

SjOne said:
Pavolink said:
Isn't the Wii U selling less than the GameCube?

Forget GameCube, the Wii U is selling worse than Dreamcast

Dreamcast actually sold not too bad, but it was killed pretty early. If it had got a full lifetime, it would have probably sold around 30-40 million.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Maybe. I wouldn't bet on it though...

Why does everyone assume the Wii U will even get a major price cut? Maybe they can't get costs down that much and want to maximise profits. They could just leave it high and launch next gen at the same price or cheaper.

Personally i think Wii U has wayy better games then ps4 and xbox one combined, maybe not in the mature section but overall ranking and quality. Yeah maybe you have more variety and more games on the other consoles, but to me that doesnt matter, Nintendi Ip and there philosophy how to make good games is what makes me stick with them mostly. Somehow i feel like most nintendo games have that soul or charm that not many games have, and im sure Wii U will sell more then Gamecube.

"in summary, the current price of the wii u is the biggest reason for why its going to pass the GC"

Nope. Inflation, poor sales and the gamepad will ensure it'll never be $99 or even ANYWHERE close, I mean whats the price of a brand new PS3 atm, 8 years after its launch? We had a Japanese article not too long ago explaining why there is actually little room for Nintendo to manouver if they want to sell at a profit due to the low produce of its components. Wii U will end its life at $199 minimum going by Ninetendo's current behaviour, the X1 will probably end the generation cheaper then the Wii U.

Being front loaded is better then being neither here nor there. Once you have a bad image its hard to change it and consumers loose interest which minimises the effect of later flagship titles, price cuts and promotions down the road. The Wii U isn't going to have some miracle comeback, holding steady in its later years will somewhat offset its weak start but I still wouldn't bet on it overtaking the gamecube. Not impossible not at all the most likely outcome. We'll have to see how software support continues post Zelda.

Around the Network

kind of hard to take the OP seriously when he cant even get basic info right

Paatar said:
bonzobanana said:

Most games actually run better on ps3 or 360 than wii u and thats only the few games that can be compared due to the wii u's small catalogue of games.

Stop now before you go too far. Lmao.

Not a difficult viewpoint to support and if anything Eurogamer has been quite kind to wii u on occasion. Sonic Racing Transformed is actually a lower resolution on wii u than 360 or ps3 and has higher frame rate drops than 360 yet scored well on their face off.

It's only really games that require low cpu resources that do well on wii u in comparison, i.e. 2D type games and 3D race games where minimal AI is required.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=eurogamer%20wii%20u%20face%20off

The issue is while the wii u can offer a slightly superior gpu and more memory its weak cpu performance hinders it and many of these cross platform games require higher cpu resources which puts the wii u at a disadvantage even with last gen. It only has 3x 1.25ghz processors which were designed in the last century.  Basic 32bit risc designs too that even mobile phone cpu's can match for performance mhz by mhz.

GC had a way better library, far more games.

Wii U weekly baseline at about 50,000 worldwide basically ensures it won't beat out the Gamecube. But why does it even matter? If you enjoy the games, that's all that should count really. I think the Wii U has some amazing games that can't be played elsewhere but I also think that it lacks many amazing games that can be played elsewhere. Eventually I will buy a Wii U but not at the current price and only until its game library grows a bit more.

bonzobanana said:
Paatar said:
bonzobanana said:

Most games actually run better on ps3 or 360 than wii u and thats only the few games that can be compared due to the wii u's small catalogue of games.

Stop now before you go too far. Lmao.

Not a difficult viewpoint to support and if anything Eurogamer has been quite kind to wii u on occasion. Sonic Racing Transformed is actually a lower resolution on wii u than 360 or ps3 and has higher frame rate drops than 360 yet scored well on their face off.

It's only really games that require low cpu resources that do well on wii u in comparison, i.e. 2D type games and 3D race games where minimal AI is required.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=eurogamer%20wii%20u%20face%20off

The issue is while the wii u can offer a slightly superior gpu and more memory its weak cpu performance hinders it and many of these cross platform games require higher cpu resources which puts the wii u at a disadvantage even with last gen. It only has 3x 1.25ghz processors which were designed in the last century.  Basic 32bit risc designs too that even mobile phone cpu's can match for performance mhz by mhz.

type it again i dont think the rest read this