By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fact: The Wii U will sell more than the GameCube (im back and its still a fact)

You want facts?
The Gamecube was a 100$ cheaper than the WiiU,
The Gamecube outsells the WiiU and keep outselling it.
The Gamecube had better first party support, better third party support, which is why it sold better.

So, yes the WiiU sales got better last year (the launch was good, but the first year was asbymal) but those numbers will not grow this year, at best they will stay the same. And next year they'll probably plunge.

The WiiU will not outsell the GC, it will probably sell between 16-18 millions units. The WiiU will be the worst selling console made by Nintendo.

Around the Network

I really doubt the Wii U will be able to catch up to the GameCube... it has already been released for 3 years and another console will be coming in 2017/2018 latest so it is unlikely that the sales could double within this time frame

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Paatar said:
SjOne said:

You bet on a console that can outsold by Vita even though it only surpassed Wii U sales by about 2k.

There, fixed it for you.

Vita rarely outsells Wii U. Just because 2 thousand more Vita consoles were sold than Wii U in one week does not mean squat bro.

Even if its by 1 unit, the Wii U with all its highly rated  and best selling exclusives shouldn't get outsold by Vita at all

Sad thread...

I dont think anyone really wants to see nintendo do below 20m.
Yet it looks like this gen it could.

I hope next gen, they put more $ into makeing a more powerfull machine, and less on a gamepad.

Except the WiiU might not end up outselling the GC..  There's a possibility that it might not even reach 20 million units sold!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

it'll sell probably around what the gamecube did. Will be hard to say if it is more or less.

I don't see it.

Its currently a tad over 9m. This year it would do well to sell 4m, that'll put it on 13.Xm.

2016 definitely won't sell more than 2015 imo so it'll basically have 2-3 years of declining sales, 20m will be tough.

There's a typo on your title, you spelled "will" instead of "won't".

At this point it's not even sure it will reach 15M but I'm betting on between 16-17M lifetime.

A price cut right now would really help, they need to reduce the price before Sony and MS do it cuz you know around late summer/holiday we'll start seeing $299 Xbones and/or PS4s.

Says the one that was very sure Wii U will be at 10m by the end of 2014, sorry but it is hard to take you seriously.  No, it wont make it.