By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fact: The Wii U will sell more than the GameCube (im back and its still a fact)

Really, that's a fact? Where in the news is there to prove that claim? I think you may be jumping the gun there. With how sales of the console are going, it's not looking too good for the Wii U. We can hope it will do better, but factors are not helping it push to that favor.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
If you say so... but actually GC is above 4,000,000.
I predict that Wii U will decrease this gap, but of course don't will close.

18,000,000 is my prediction.

You know what this means Tolu. You're a Nintendo hater! At least acccording to this guy

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7139509

OT: It doesn't really seem like it though, the Gamecube is basically increasing the gap the Wii U has to close every week.

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
If you say so... but actually GC is above 4,000,000.
I predict that Wii U will decrease this gap, but of course don't will close.

18,000,000 is my prediction.

You know what this means Tolu. You're a Nintendo hater! At least acccording to this guy

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7139509

OT: It doesn't really seem like it though, the Gamecube is basically increasing the gap the Wii U has to close every week.

LMAO

I'm the best Nintendo fan ever, but it's time to be honest!

Isn't the Wii U selling less than the GameCube?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

HylianYoshi said:

I mean that it will only be around 5 million away from 20 million. Maybe even less, if Nintendo markets their games like they did last year with MK8 and friends.

Yeah, just few millions away from the 20M mark.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:

Most games actually run better on ps3 or 360 than wii u and thats only the few games that can be compared due to the wii u's small catalogue of games.

Stop now before you go too far. Lmao.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

SjOne said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
I hope so. I have a lot of bets riding on the Wii U...

You bet on a console that can outsold by Vita in certain weeks?

STOP MAKING FUN OF ME! I'm so sad...all three of my bets hinge on the Wii U. I'll forever be ruined if I lose all of them.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

SjOne said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
I hope so. I have a lot of bets riding on the Wii U...

You bet on a console that can outsold by Vita even though it only surpassed Wii U sales by about 2k.

There, fixed it for you.

Vita rarely outsells Wii U. Just because 2 thousand more Vita consoles were sold than Wii U in one week does not mean squat bro.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Pavolink said:
Isn't the Wii U selling less than the GameCube?

Forget GameCube, the Wii U is selling worse than Dreamcast

RubberWhistleHistle said:

ok guys, im tired of getting my threads locked. the last one i made was locked i guess because it was made in the same vein of MBP's thread that keeps getting revived every half year or so. this thread is my own, and its something that i think is pretty easy to defend. 

anyways, lets be real here. the wii u is selling more than the gamecube. a lot of people think its confirmed to sell less than 20 mil, but im going to explain why that is ridiculous. on the surface, it seems like a safe bet, but sometimes, you cant just take things at face value.  you have to dig a little deeper if you want any real insight into the truth. 

first of all, by the end of the year, the wii u will be half way to this milestone (outselling the gamecube, which was what, 23 or something?), that'll be three years on the market. and i know a lot of people are going to think "2016 new nintendo console!" but thats not going to happen. nintendo is not releasing their seventh console in 2016, thats ridiculous. its releasing in 2017, so that will be two years to sell about 10 million consoles which is more than doable. the main reason for this is because the wii u has so much room to drop in price. i think that is something that many of you conveniently seem to forget. at this point, the GC was 99 dollars. its not hard to see why it would fizzle out from there. the GC was extremely frontloaded in releases and had no room to drop in price. in 2006, the GC had shit for games, and nobody gave a shit anymore. the wii u is very different. the GC has outpaced it up to now, but understand the the wii u is going to outpace the gamecube during the last two years for sure. 

in summary, the current price of the wii u is the biggest reason for why its going to pass the GC. people dont want to pay 300 dollars for something they perceive to be lesser than the ps4 or xbox one. yes, i know the wii u has a vastly superior library, but nintendo's marketing has been extremely lackluster and when the common person sees that for 50 more dollars they can get an xbox one, thats what theyre going to do. the wii u will cap out at 26 million when it is discontinued in 2018. 

The GCN sold 21.7M the Wii U will sell 22-23M I think