By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you pay $1000 for a 100 hour game?

A games value should not be measured on how much time it gives you per dollar dollar. It should be based on one thing, if by the end of the experience you are satisfied it was good value for you.

I'm not defending The Order here as I've never played it but measuring a games value on $'s per hour is ridiculous.

Around the Network

Uncharted 4 is such a rip off, what $60 for 15/20 hours? That’s like $3/$4 an hour! Would you pay $300/$400 for a 100 hour long game????

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

JRPGfan said:
"$10/hour of gameplay"

is too much.
Anyone remember the good old days of ps2 games?
Most of those have 100+ hours in them, if you go about doing everything you can in them.

Not sure why 6-8hours of total gameplay has become acceptable.

Games used to be atleast 50+ hours, gameplay wise.
Im not happy with the trend of games suddenly becomeing 1/5th of what they used to be.

I can only assume you played nothing but Jrpgs during that era? What non-rpg games were at least 50 hours+? Jak? Ratchet? DMC? ICO? Prince of persia? GoW? Resi? Silent Hill? I don´t think so......
Anyways this whole discussion about money/time = value of games needs to friggin go.

EDIT: It´s times like these I notice that most gamers would become gruesome dictators if they ever got the chance....

Yup...RO friggin rocked  

when it came out at a 30$ price it would've probably received 85-90 on metacritic

This $10 analysis crap was pulled out of that Francis's fat ass right? Since when has that ever been a factor? Ever since he said that everybody seems to be justifying the $10 per hour crap.

And no, $10 per hour is not good value, not at all.

Around the Network

dont care what anyone says, I am enjoying it. If you don't like it, keep quiet and don't by it, its that simple

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

This comparison is so wrong on many levels. First of all, quality of a videogame isn't playtime alone. The fun also is a factor. Naturally I wouldn't say The Order (as this is the hook of the question) is 100 times as much fun as Monster Hunter (Metacritic suggests MH is actually more fun). Secondly, the pricing doesn't work this way, people have budgets for things, and $1000 explode the budget of nearly everyone for entertainment. As cheaper offerings are made, the $1000-proposition would be dropped. So shorter games tend to get more money for the playtime. But that isn't that unfair as it seems. Again comparing with monster hunter: the development of Monster Hunter wasn't 100 times as expensive as the one of The Order, even if you can play it 100 times as long.

Now some suggestions:
a) The Order could have avoided much of the controversity if Ready@Dawn hadn't hyped it that much and asked a lower price ($40 for example). I think Metacritic would have been better, as much of the extreme critic stemmed from the discrepancy between hype and reality.
b) Can we please start to forget about mediocre games? Why the thousands of threads?
c) It is no coincidence I used Monster Hunter as comparison. MH4U released nearly at the same time as The Order (in the West), got 20 points more at Metacritic and has at least 100 times the playtime. Why have we thousands of Order-threads? Can we please get more hype for good games like MH?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Great, another The Order thread.. And no, I wouldn't pay that much for a 100 hour game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

A 100 hour game usually has a lot of repetition and midway it already feels old. So not all of that 100 hours is enjoyable.

A 6 hour game is new at every corner and tight and fun all the way. It doesn't make you do the same thing for hours. Anyways The Order: 1886 took me 9 hours to finish, so it offers more value than you say it does.

This doesn't make sense. $100 for a 1000 hour, sure... but $1000 for 100 hours? That's silly.