By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's reaction to playing FFXV

Goodnightmoon said:

I see what you did here

And no,  a uninspired world is worse than a lifeless animation when you are making a open fantasy world.

Devs can be inspired by reality aswell (Ala FFVIII). Hell even FFX was inspired by many actual locations and cultures in asia. I'm greatful the team actual takes risks and new approaches as opposed go down a generic fantasy path or of offering a similar high fantasy world over and over. High fantasy/sci fi does not beat minimal, they're just different and offer unique elements each. People will have their preferences but thats all it comes down to.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

They played the game for 3 hrs.  Good to hear some positive responses to the game.

Because they know that's what people want to hear.  Regardless what quality this game is, the game will score well because it's getting praise from a large majority of gamers just like FInal Fantasy 13 did prior to us playing it and seeing that it was complete ass.

kupomogli said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

They played the game for 3 hrs.  Good to hear some positive responses to the game.

Because they know that's what people want to hear.  Regardless what quality this game is, the game will score well because it's getting praise from a large majority of gamers just like FInal Fantasy 13 did prior to us playing it and seeing that it was complete ass.

Everywhere, left and right, comments have been positive. Be it from big sites, or small sites. If they'd be fishing for clicks, they would have made sure to be the first to trash the actual thing.

And anyway, the way you voice your usual negativity here, you are basically saying that whenever a game gets praised, it's only because that's what people want to hear. That doesn't make sense.  

Finally, just because FF XIII didn't turn as good as most people hoped for, doesn't mean FF XV has to share the same fate. We already know the two games are completely different, and that the criticism that XIII received have been adressed positively.

vivster said:
I think I will have a lot more fun playing it when it gets really bad reviews.

Stay tuned for the kuporeview?

QUAKECore89 said:
Well, i'm not quite interest this game, i prefer Final Fantasy 1 & Final Fantasy 9.

Final Fantasy 9 was my last favorite, and to say you prefer FF1 is like saying a bi-plane is better than a jet.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

IGN never wins in any situation.

If the game comes out and they give it a bad review people will just make more dumb jokes such as "IGNorant" or "too much water" or something dumb like that.

If they give it a good review people will talk about them being payed or something like that.

Some posts in this thread would probably be different had IGN said they didn't enjoy their time with the game.

It's really disgusting how some people act towards them.

They kinda dug there own graves!

Hynad said:

Everywhere, left and right, comments have been positive. Be it from big sites, or small sites. If they'd be fishing for clicks, they would have made sure to be the first to trash the actual thing.

And anyway, the way you voice your usual negativity here, you are basically saying that whenever a game gets praised, it because that's what people want to hear. That doesn't make sense.  

Finally, just because FF XIII didn't turn as good as most people hoped for, doesn't mean FF XV has to share the same fate. We already know the two games are completely different, and that the criticism thatXIII received have been adressed positively.

Everywhere, left and right, comments for FF13 were positive as well.  Between both the PS3 and 360 there were 116 positive reviews, 18 mixed review, and 3 negative reviews.  When the game came out and the fanbase played it, it's a far cry from what the gaming community felt about it.  I mean it must be just a massive coincidence that that over 90% of journalists loved the game then around 50% of the gaming fanbase hated it. 

i hope we get female character on the final games,

kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

And anyway, the way you voice your usual negativity here, you are basically saying that whenever a game gets praised, it because that's what people want to hear. That doesn't make sense.  

Finally, just because FF XIII didn't turn as good as most people hoped for, doesn't mean FF XV has to share the same fate. We already know the two games are completely different, and that the criticism thatXIII received have been adressed positively.

Everywhere, left and right, comments for FF13 were positive as well.  Between both the PS3 and 360 there were 116 positive reviews, 18 mixed review, and 3 negative reviews.  When the game came out and the fanbase played it, it's a far cry from what the gaming community felt about it.  I mean it must be just a massive coincidence that that over 90% of journalists loved the game then around 50% of the gaming fanbase hated it. 

You can count the reviews. But how can you count the split in the fanbase?

50% ? Please, give me that list of players you are using. Surely, you know that the minority is always the most vocal?

Hynad said:

You can count the reviews. But how can you count the split in the fanbase?

50% Please, give me the list of players you are using. Surely, you know that the minority is always the most vocal. 

The internet blew up after the release of FF13 with people bashing it left and right how crappy a game it was.  You might have seen one or two people around the time it launched in forums you frequented that made the comment they liked it.  

Despite the 89 that IGN gave it, it made the #1 disappointing game of the year on their list.  One of their lists which is a collaboration from a group of editors  This is pretty much a statement of retraction for their review.  They first overrate it, then they shit all over the game. 

"Okay. Final Fantasy XIII is, without question, the biggest gaming disappointment of 2010. Square Enix promised fans so much and under-delivered in every area, apart from utterly gorgeous raw presentation values. It's true – XIII is pure spectacle, but the gameplay is so vanilla, linear and unmoving that we really wonder how the design process made it as far as it did without anyone raising some warning flags.

Being merely 'okay' isn't good enough for the Final Fantasy series. These games have a heritage and pedigree to maintain, and thirteen games in, this instalment indeed proved unlucky. The characters are routinely awful and uninteresting, the storytelling is a jumbled mess that meanders through bland subplot – and then there's the gameplay, which consists of essentially moving in a straight line for the first twenty hours, repeatedly hitting X.

Some have praised this entry for signalling a bold departure for the series; a change of direction and a new flavour. Frankly, if this is how Square Enix views the future direction of its major JRPG releases, we're more than a little irked."