By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's reaction to playing FFXV

Well, good to hear about the positive responses. I still have my doubts though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

They praised FF13 too...

Don't see how turning FF into Skyrim is what we want. Sounds like they're looking at western open world games to try and find something fresh to cling onto.

It is impressive how detailed the animations are. It makes you feel that the characters are actually living in a breathing world. Even the hair is moving with the wind. Nothing is worse than lifeless, badly animated characters.

VXIII said:

It is impressive how detailed the animations are. It makes you feel that the characters are actually living in a breathing world. Even the hair is moving with the wind. Nothing is worse than lifeless, badly animated characters.

I see what you did here

And no,  a uninspired world is worse than a lifeless animation when you are making a open fantasy world.

Is going to be better than FFXIII that´s for sure.

Around the Network

Judging from the fact the main series hasn't been good since X, I'm not getting my hopes up.

And here I am, still replaying 4-7 to this day. I don't think another Final Fantasy can one-up VI.

Goodnightmoon said:
VXIII said:

I see what you did here

And no,  a uninspired world is worse than a lifeless animation when you are making a open fantasy world.

How exactly is the world of FFXV uninspired? We haven't seen the entire damn thing yet.

There has never been a mainline FF that was not a least good (FF V and XIII were just good games to me), the problem is when multiple FF games are masterpieces (IV, VI, VII, X) it makes the "good" games look worse than they are to most. I think XV can be great (8, 9, 12) quality and with the slim pickings right now for JRPGs I will take it but it won't be enough for some who want the next masterpiece.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

A203D said:
They praised FF13 too...

Don't see how turning FF into Skyrim is what we want. Sounds like they're looking at western open world games to try and find something fresh to cling onto.

Is getting inspiration from Western RPGs a bad thing? Quite frankly, I think it's refreshing for the series. FFXIII was incredibly linear and made the world feel incredibly small. They're doing the complete opposite with FFXV and going open world, which is very fresh for the series.

QUAKECore89 said:
Well, i'm not quite interest this game, i prefer Final Fantasy 1 & Final Fantasy 9.

nothing against but I think you're the first person ever to claim FF1 as a favorite title