By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's reaction to playing FFXV

I just... really can't get excited from what they've shown of the game so far, especially in this preview.

When Versus was first revealed, the majority of the footage was in this beautifully realized urban area. It looked fantastic. Sure, the grasslands stuff was a part of that trailer, but it was a small part of it.

Everything they've been showing off, apart from the original re-reveal trailer, has been grasslands. And it just does nothing for me. It reminds me of my least favourite part of FF XIII, which was the Monster-Hunter-lite part in the final quarter.

And at least XIII had combat going for it which I quite enjoyed. The fighting here looks so slow and very WRPG-esque to me. It was slow in the Versus XIII trailer but it's even slower now.

And aside from that, the whole feel of it just looks even more westernized than XIII.

I'm not feeling it right now. I'm hoping soon they show off more of the urban areas like was originally revealed; tweaks to the combat system and some more Japanese-ness (as weird as that sounds). I'm still interested in the game but right now, what they're showing is hitting all the wrong notes.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Well, i'm not quite interest this game, i prefer Final Fantasy 1 & Final Fantasy 9.

And if Final Fantasy wasn't in the name, what would your response to a title like this be?

To be honest... It's confusing. Man, how can i explain..... They're different not sequels just a same title with latin numbers, because it supposedly stand alone.

Here's my answer for title. "Last Soul" with no sequels just stand alone xD

Honestly, you asked me best question ever, no joking, no trolling. Ask Hironobu Sakaguchi the real creator of Final Fantasy(formerly) & The Last Story.

Ka-pi96 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
6/10 No playable female characters - IGN

Don't you mean 7.8/10 Too much sausage?

That review would get my full support

Kresnik said:
I just... really can't get excited from what they've shown of the game so far, especially in this preview.

When Versus was first revealed, the majority of the footage was in this beautifully realized urban area. It looked fantastic. Sure, the grasslands stuff was a part of that trailer, but it was a small part of it.

Everything they've been showing off, apart from the original re-reveal trailer, has been grasslands. And it just does nothing for me. It reminds me of my least favourite part of FF XIII, which was the Monster-Hunter-lite part in the final quarter.

And at least XIII had combat going for it which I quite enjoyed. The fighting here looks so slow and very WRPG-esque to me. It was slow in the Versus XIII trailer but it's even slower now.

And aside from that, the whole feel of it just looks even more westernized than XIII.

I'm not feeling it right now. I'm hoping soon they show off more of the urban areas like was originally revealed; tweaks to the combat system and some more Japanese-ness (as weird as that sounds). I'm still interested in the game but right now, what they're showing is hitting all the wrong notes.

But wasnt that what people complained about 13? too much linear urbs and no open world like the last part you dont like? Almost all FFs had an open area of grass in fact from what i know

Kresnik said:

everything being shown now are grasslands cause well, the episode duscae is based in an grasslands area. what you should be taking from the previews though is the scale. Duscae according to the devs is a very very small part of the FF world. 

Personally, I'm completely wowed by the scale in this game from what little has been shown and I live the combat. This is the final fantasy I have been waiting for since FF7.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Well, i'm not quite interest this game, i prefer Final Fantasy 1 & Final Fantasy 9.

I have Final Fantasy 1 on my PSP, but I got lost and don´t know what to do now, it happens all the time with me, Star Ocean, FF...

I guess this is why I like Person, it just happens, even if you are a idiot like me, games where you can get seriously lost are complicated to me.

Well that's ok, many people got lost and don't know what to do. I actually got lost Final Fantasy 8 just a little bit, i have a friend of mine got lost Resident Evil 1 on PS1, so i helped him, it happened lol. I always accept excuses on this problem.

Anyway, about Final Fantasy 15.... Feels like different game different story with same title, sigh Square Enix confuses me... Just be a good game for FF fanbase hopefully, no disaster.

Ruler said:

But wasnt that what people complained about 13? too much linear urbs and no open world like the last part you dont like? Almost all FFs had an open area of grass in fact from what i know

I don't remeber XIII being overly urban to be honest.

Besides, X was linear as hell, and everyone loved that.

Intrinsic said:

everything being shown now are grasslands cause well, the episode duscae is based in an grasslands area. what you should be taking from the previews though is the scale. Duscae according to the devs is a very very small part of the FF world. 

Yeah, I get that, but perhaps Grasslands wasn't the best choice of demo location to show off the game.

Scale looks... like any WRPG.  And I haven't played Final Fantasy in the past because it's like open-world western RPG's.

Seems to be winning everyone else over though, so I guess I'm in the minority.

deskpro2k3 said:
6/10 No playable female characters - IGN

I think this FF is actually very female oriented. It has all these shota and alpha males mixed in there, isnt that what women like? 

Yoooo. This is looking nice. At this rate it should be out when my Grandson in Born.

I'm calling it, this game will have the "magic".

I'm now filled with determination.