By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft does another 180: Cancels indie parity clause

This is because the ID@Xbox program is getting ready to explode in 2015!

Around the Network

Here, I thought Microsoft only did 360s...

Sorry, it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title.

Empowering independent studios will make Microsoft platforms more attractive.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

true_fan said:
Aura7541 said:

So X1 indie fans having access to more indie games is not a win? What in the world are you saying?

On the heels of every XB1 being a dev kit, Win 10-XB1 simultaneous developemnt i think indies would be fine on XB1. Heck MSFt just announced about 30 indies at GDC, it's not like Xb1 fans were starved.

My point is the fact that if I am an indie developer, why on earth would I even care about the Xb1 version until after I complete the PC or ps4 verions. At least the parity clause offered some incentive to treat Xb1 indie gamers as equals.  Personalyl if there was an indie I wanted that wasn't moneyhatted, I would be happy waiting an extended period to finally play it.

Remember I only speak for myself, just my personal opinion, it is ok to disagree*

But you are not.

true_fan said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Transistor.

I just read an interview and they never mentioned anything about not coming to xbox one becuase of the parity clause. They just have a relationship with sony, xbox one has a few of those type of indies as well. Judging by history the devs that complained about the parity clause never even contacted MSFT. Chris Charla blasted some dev recently.

http://gamingbolt.com/transistor-interview-1080p-and-60-fps-no-xbox-one-version-ps4-and-pc-differences-and-more

I personally know and indie developer that is making the game ps4 exclusive because Microsoft were unbearable to work with.  It's no coincidence that a lot of good indie games have come to ps4 before x1. 

And there was people defending this. HA!

But seriously, it's good knew for all us. The less silly restrictions, the better. With all the indies gravitating to the PS4, they had to make this move.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
true_fan said:

Personally I don't care about indies, but I will play them if they are good though (2 per year maybe). Now can you name 1 indie that was actually good that skipped XB1 becuase of the parity clause? 

PS I doubt you find one becuase MSFT would let the good games through the clause.

Then why would you consider this "Terrible Terrible news..."?

Just gives to show how messes up their original vision for the console was

Well, let the flood of indie games begin :).

Cool that they finally got rid of it. Speaking as someone who games on all consoles and PC as well, this never really affected me but I do like my achievements on Xbox consoles so this gives me a reason to buy them on there if they ever get ported. Might even double dip for the ones I really liked :)

I'm pretty sure this has always been the case?