By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or 4 Ultimate?

Tagged games:

Which is better?

Monster Hunter 3 15 19.74%

Monster Hunter 4 61 80.26%

Total:76
Maraccuda said:
MH4U plays better and has a better (although still simple) story with some actual pacing.

But what really annoys me is the lack of voice chat, typing chat during hunts and battery life, which were all better in MH3U.

MH4U is technically the better game, but the absence of the things above hinders some of my enjoyment.

Yeah, it's even more baffling when you  consider that MH3 on the Wii had typing during quests and voice chat.

Around the Network

As interesting as it sounded in theory, no likes swimming.

NoirSon said:

I do. ;)

NoirSon said:

It is more difficult, but interesting enough and made fighting underwater a different kind of fighting. That is a good addition. Especially cool are fights with monsters that change between land and sea.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It would be a closer race if 4 was on a console.

So, 3.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

One has decent graphics, not portable, and filled with ridiculous fight controls, no story line, no character development, etc.

The other has worse graphics, is portable, and filled with ridiculous fight controls, no story line, no character development, etc.

Though choice...

Dulfite said:
One has decent graphics, not portable, and filled with ridiculous fight controls, no story line, no character development, etc.

The other has worse graphics, is portable, and filled with ridiculous fight controls, no story line, no character development, etc.

Though choice...

MH3U is on WiiU AND 3DS, so you can decide between portability and decent graphics.

And ridiculous fighting controls - says the N00b

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Although I love MH3U's water mechanic (even though it was tedious at times) MH4U is so much better in just about every way. Besides the fact they got rid of Lagiacrus. Dx

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Mnementh said:
Dulfite said:

Though choice...

MH3U is on WiiU AND 3DS, so you can decide between portability and decent graphics.

And ridiculous fighting controls - says the N00b

They do though! I have played countless games that have better control mechanics then that game. It's like they intentionally made it infuriating. I have TRIED to get into the series (played the MH4 demo and was burnt out in 10 minutes) and I even own MH3 Ultimate on Wii U and I just can't do it. It feels so terrible.