By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft admits 'we've lost our way' on PC games

S.T.A.G.E. said:
true_fan said:

They just beat sony last gen, but of course you just skip that.

Hopefully MSFT can find a good balance for both XB1 and PC.

Sony and MS more or less tied last gen. VG Chartz has the PS3 ahead of the Xbox 360 for a while now.

No tie, MSFT had more hardware sales, software sales, and XBL gold accounts. Also VGchartz has been wrong for some time, I know you remember the last MSFT announcement when we learned 360 is a few million undertracked and still selling.

On topic Valve is a direct competitor now and I think devs developing for XB1 and PC simultaneaously may be more beneficial than steam, especially if the rumor that Valve gets 30%  from each game is true.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Kerotan said:

Microsoft picked the wrong battle to begin with. Lack of forthsight led them into a battle with Sony. They've been beaten there and now they realise they wasted so many years and so much money fighting the wrong guy. I bet Valve can't believe their luck.

They just beat sony last gen, but of course you just skip that.

Hopefully MSFT can find a good balance for both XB1 and PC.

If you seen the latest npd the xbox barely even outsells ps3 in the U S of A now. Japan it's getting outsold by the ps3 by about 7k a week. The EU ps3 way ahead and the rest of the world is favorable to the PS3. I'm sorry homie but ps3 has outlasted the 360 and is dominating it now in hardware and software sales WW. 

The 360 despite always being a lot cheaper and releasing a year earlier in the US and 18 months in the EU got beat.  

The point is though all its gains were just thrown away with the xbox one and now they've realized the future is in a PC market dominated by steam.  Sony have the popularity to release a PS5 but Microsoft are now wedged between 2 markets they're not successful in. 

"Xbox" no longer means consoles, said Spencer. It means "gaming with Microsoft."

That's just... I'm glad I didn't end up only getting an Xbone.

true_fan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony and MS more or less tied last gen. VG Chartz has the PS3 ahead of the Xbox 360 for a while now.

No tie, MSFT had more hardware sales, software sales, and XBL gold accounts. Also VGchartz has been wrong for some time, I know you remember the last MSFT announcement when we learned 360 is a few million undertracked and still selling.

On topic Valve is a direct competitor now and I think devs developing for XB1 and PC simultaneaously may be more beneficial than steam, especially if the rumor that Valve gets 30%  from each game is true.

We know Microsofts status, but we do not know Sony's from last gen. I am sure VG Chartz would've adjusted.

true_fan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If they think they're ACTUALLY going to take on and beat Steam... they are delusional. That service is here to stay.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
true_fan said:

If they think they're ACTUALLY going to take on and beat Steam... they are delusional. That service is here to stay.

If you think that simultaneaous XB1/PC development won't take a chunk from steam, you are mistaken my friend. We don't know how much, but Valve Business will definitely be affected.

""Xbox" no longer means consoles, said Spencer. It means "gaming with Microsoft.""

Kerotan said:

If you seen the latest npd the xbox barely even outsells ps3 in the U S of A now. Japan it's getting outsold by the ps3 by about 7k a week. The EU ps3 way ahead and the rest of the world is favorable to the PS3. I'm sorry homie but ps3 has outlasted the 360 and is dominating it now in hardware and software sales WW. 

The 360 despite always being a lot cheaper and releasing a year earlier in the US and 18 months in the EU got beat.  

The point is though all its gains were just thrown away with the xbox one and now they've realized the future is in a PC market dominated by steam.  Sony have the popularity to release a PS5 but Microsoft are now wedged between 2 markets they're not successful in. 

That is not the definition of outlast, but let's stop derailing the thread. 360 during the holidays makes up the weekly difference and then some, so 360 still outsells ps3 annually. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197739&page=1#

So Microsoft has lost its way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vyGFM5CGnoo

But really, Microsoft had the perfect oportunity to controll PC gaming and lost it chasing after Sony. I have to wonder how would things been wit MS being the leader of PC digital distribution.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

true_fan said:
Kerotan said:

That is not the definition of outlast, but let's stop derailing the thread. 360 during the holidays makes up the weekly difference and then some, so 360 still outsells ps3 annually. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197739&page=1#

Since the ps3 released the 360 has not outsold the os3 WW any year.  And then stuffing the channel for Xmas doesn't mean they sold more.  It just means they shipped a shit load of the 360's that will sell this year but for last xmas. They lost and yes you should stop derailing this thread.