By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft admits 'we've lost our way' on PC games

I think if any games MS develops for PC, they will say "Xbox Computer Game"/ "Xbox PC" or something like that on the cover, instead of just PC.

I think that's what they meant by the bolded part.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
It's like in the Hobbit where the elves and the orcs fight eachother while the real enemy the orcs surround them.

Eh?  Mean dwarves?

Now they are losing their way with the Xbox, that's their choice, great to know so soon.

Kerotan said:

Microsoft picked the wrong battle to begin with. Lack of forthsight led them into a battle with Sony. They've been beaten there and now they realise they wasted so many years and so much money fighting the wrong guy. I bet Valve can't believe their luck.

They just beat sony last gen, but of course you just skip that.

Hopefully MSFT can find a good balance for both XB1 and PC.

This happened about a decade ago and only got worse with Win Vista, which was supposed to be the ultimate "gaming windows" and ended up as the least resource efficient of them all. MS have made the Xbox line fantastic but this has come at the expense of their PC roots being diluted and damaged.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
daredevil.shark said:

t thinks about its customers: They're not people who play games on Windows PCs, or tablets, or consoles. They're customers of the Xbox Live service. That means that games can and should work across multiple devices, with the same friends list and the same high scores, and people should be able to play each other no matter what device they're on.

"Xbox" no longer means consoles, said Spencer. It means "gaming with Microsoft."

MS is stuck between the leader in PC gaming (Valve), the leader in mobile games (Apple) and the leader in console gaming (Sony).  They have no hope in overtaking any of them soon.  It makes sense to combine the platforms, instead of having 3 seperate platforms, none of them in first place.

So are they going to start charging for XBox live service on PC, or are they going to have the XBox One owners complain that they have to pay for the same service PC users get for free?

online modes of Windows live games are for free

Which explains why they keep porting X1 exclusives to the PC. Really, what's the point in owning an X1 then?

Is this the annually ms: we will concentrate more on the pc starting right now ?
I have heard that from them for over a decade now. What make this different from the other times ?

I might believe it when I see it, but until then I've no expectations.
But if it comes true, many might get delighted.

Kerotan said:

Microsoft picked the wrong battle to begin with. Lack of forthsight led them into a battle with Sony. They've been beaten there and now they realise they wasted so many years and so much money fighting the wrong guy. I bet Valve can't believe their luck.

Valve is actually now making the same mistakes like MS and focuses too much on steam-machine instead securing their turf. If MS really goes into PC again valve is going to lose a lot of marketshare, they have alot more money than valve

true_fan said:
Kerotan said:

They just beat sony last gen, but of course you just skip that.

Hopefully MSFT can find a good balance for both XB1 and PC.

Sony and MS more or less tied last gen. VG Chartz has the PS3 ahead of the Xbox 360 for a while now.