By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tim Schafer Makes Racist Joke At GDC

Yeah if there was a racist joke, this article does the worst job possible of highlighting it. At best it seems like someone may of taking what was said the wrong way. But yeah article is poorly written.

Around the Network

The joke is in the text, you just have to read it. However the text wrongly paraphrases it, but the offense is the same.
He basically belittled a good chunk of minorities that use the #notyourshield hashtag in conjunction with gamergate.

It was a pretty lame joke. We should really be more offended that he was allowed to make a "how many X to do Y" joke on a stage.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Terrible joke

I'm pretty sure the article is racist to Tim Schafer

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Just tell us the joke!

I haven't seen the video, but I assume it was this one:

Two babies died and went to heaven, and at the pearly gates they met St. Peter. The white baby approached first, and St. Peter asked, "Of what did you die, my child?"

"Crib death," said the white baby.

"Here are your wings. Now you're an angel."

The white baby flew away, and the black baby approached.

"And of what did you die, my child?" asked St. Peter.

"Crib death," said the black baby.

"Here are your wings. Now you're a bat."

Shame on you, Tim Schafer (probably)!

Around the Network

Asians like white rice. :D If you have to dig that much for it then it's probably just clickbait.

vivster said:
The joke is in the text, you just have to read it. However the text wrongly paraphrases it, but the offense is the same.
He basically belittled a good chunk of minorities that use the #notyourshield hashtag in conjunction with gamergate.

It was a pretty lame joke. We should really be more offended that he was allowed to make a "how many X to do Y" joke on a stage.

BUSTED! Yes I didn't read the whole thing but what's funny is that I did read the joke and I didn't post it.

I guess it was so unfunny/lame that I couldn't even notice it. Flew right over my head.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

badgenome said:
Porcupine_I said:
Just tell us the joke!

I haven't seen the video, but I assume it was this one:

Two babies died and went to heaven, and at the pearly gates they met St. Peter. The white baby approached first, and St. Peter asked, "Of what did you die, my child?"

"Crib death," said the white baby.

"Here are your wings. Now you're an angel."

The white baby flew away, and the black baby approached.

"And of what did you die, my child?" asked St. Peter.

"Crib death," said the black baby.

"Here are your wings. Now you're a bat."

Shame on you, Tim Schafer (probably)!

Finally someone gives me the joke! Thanks badgenome I'll post it on the OP right now!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

2/10 couldn't get into it

Barkley said:
I ignore all things gamer gate and will continue to do so.

Same here, I don't have a point to follow it