By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tim Schafer Makes Racist Joke At GDC

Anfebious said:

Finally someone gives me the joke! Thanks badgenome I'll post it on the OP right now!

Sorry, looks like I guessed wrong. It was this stupid joke.

The only funny thing about it is that Tim Schafer thinks 1 + 1 + 40 = 50. I guess that explains why every Double Fine game goes over budget.

Around the Network

I'm offended by people who are offended by every little thing.
Seriously, things were so much better before facebook and twitter.
Newsflash : the vast majority don't care what a small handful of people on twitter are upset about today.

Nettles said:
I'm offended by people who are offended by every little thing.
Seriously, things were so much better before facebook and twitter.
Newsflash : the vast majority don't care what a small handful of people on twitter are upset about today.

They like to think they're doing something, trying to make the world a better place sat behind their keyboards at home.

Yeah it's pointless and over 95% of the worlds population don't even know gamergate exists and over 99% don't care.

badgenome said:
Anfebious said:

Finally someone gives me the joke! Thanks badgenome I'll post it on the OP right now!

Sorry, looks like I guessed wrong. It was this stupid joke.

The only funny thing about it is that Tim Schafer thinks 1 + 1 + 40 = 50. I guess that explains why every Double Fine game goes over budget.

I'm keeping your joke since it's way more lame! (Besides I can't hear audio but I guess the joke is the one about how many GamerGators you need to screw out a lightbulb.)

You made my day. *Kisses badgenome's forehead*

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

I'm keeping your joke since it's way more lame! (Besides I can't hear audio but I guess the joke is the one about how many GamerGators you need to screw out a lightbulb.)

It was something like, "Boy, making graphics is hard! Do you know how many Gamergaters it takes to make a single piece of armor? 50! 1 to do the modeling, 1 to do the textures, and 40 to tweet that it's #notyourshield!"

You have to reach really hard to call that racist. I'm even more disappointed in him than I originally was.

Around the Network

Dammit, I came in here actually thinking I might get a laugh, because I appreciate a lilracial humor but this shit isn't even funny by accident. There are plenty of other more legitimate reasons to hate Tim Schafer right now, and this is one of them it's just being directed in the wrong way.

badgenome said:
Anfebious said:

It was something like, "Boy, making graphics is hard! Do you know how many Gamergaters it takes to make a single piece of armor? 50! 1 to do the modeling, 1 to do the textures, and 40 to tweet that it's #notyourshield!"

You have to reach really hard to call that racist. I'm even more disappointed in him than I originally was.

So that's the full quote. I have to say the joke is even worse than I had imagined and the article does a poor job at paraphrasing it.

I say we should burn the writer of the article and Tim Schafer. Both deserve no mercy.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Barkley said:
I ignore all things gamer gate and will continue to do so.

Anfebious said:

So that's the full quote. I have to say the joke is even worse than I had imagined and the article does a poor job at paraphrasing it.

I say we should burn the writer of the article and Tim Schafer. Both deserve no mercy.

That's because the author is a pissed off Gamergater who was too busy being indignant to actually convey any information.

I found this response img about his "diverse audience" funnier tho